Thursday, March 1, 2012

Jean Dujordin

Wow, the Oscars seem like an eternity ago, but it was only four days, so technically, I'm not as late with this blog as I thought I was.

I do apologize for not blogging as frequently as I had promised. But life has a way of taking your plans and crumpling them up and setting them on fire. Not that I'm bitter or anything.

Back to the Oscars, I thought the show was great! I happen to love Billy Crystal and his Oscars routines. I love the movie parodies in the beginning of the show, I love the Oscars song he does about the nominees, I was half hoping Whoopi and Robin Williams would show up and give us some Comic Relief moments. An 80's kid can dream, right? All in all, Billy was classic. A great choice, in my opinion.

As for the winners, I wasn't surprised at all, except for Viola Davis not winning best actress. I haven't seen Iron Lady yet, so I can't say Meryl Streep's performance was better, but I was disappointed because Viola made me ache in The Help. I love her.

I also love Jean Dujordin. I love his accent, I love his face, I love everything about him. And I haven't even seen The Artist yet. But I will. By myself if I have to. I can't convince one person to go see this movie with me. Their loss. When Mr. Dujordin won Best Actor, I literally cheered. You can judge me now.

I loved Emma Stone and Ben Stiller's little back-and-forth, I thought she was so funny doing her this-is-my-first-Oscars bit. Jennifer Lopez and Cameron Diaz were cute and sexy - and NO, that wasn't JLo's nipple. You could tell it was the indentation from the dress because as she moved, the discoloration would go away and then come back again. No one's nipples go for a walk, people. Plus, that's not where areolas are - way over to the right like that? I don't think so.

And of course, Angelina Jolie's leg. First of all, gurl is WAY too thin. Like PAINFULLY thin. Like it hurts to look at her. And the leg was so annoying. Stunt queen, please. It's not enough you're a husband-stealer, you have to be a show-off as well. I just can't with you. Go eat some lunch and come back when you have that smug look off your face finally.

Overall, it was a great show. I loved the look of the stage and the theatre. It was all old Hollywood, and I loved it. And it wasn't even about the winners for me - sure, there were a few winners I disagreed with, but all of the nominees put their heart and soul into their films. It was a celebration of the movies, and it introduced me to some films that I never would have known about before, and I'll actually make an effort to go see them. Some of the documentaries and foreign films really caught my eye.

So, until next year, it was a wonderful night for Oscar!