Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Tick, Tick, BOOM

I can't get over how heartbreaking this week's Mob Wives was. Even if you're not a Renee fan, you couldn't help but sympathize with her. Her whole world crumbled before our very eyes, and I couldn't help but feel guilty that I was watching it happen. Who am I to see this kind of personal tragedy play out on a show I turn to for entertainment? But, I reminded myself, this is reality tv. This is the kind of drama we ask for. Sometimes, it's just too real.

I'll start with the lighter stuff first, and then focus on Renee, if that's ok with you all.

Drita: Punching as flirting? I could get into that! Just kidding ... non-violent is definitely the way to go from now on. I'm sure you want a mature, loving relationship after the drama with Lee, but it has to be hard to date after not having any practice for so long. I wouldn't worry about Lee's acquaintance recognizing you at da club. You weren't doing anything wrong or even risque, so even if Lee does get upset, it's really none of his business now that you're getting divorced. The speed dating was kind of a bust, but at least you and Carla had fun. At this point, I say, focus on your career and the right person will come along when the time is right. Drita's grade for the week: B.

Carla: The date with Joe was so friggin' cute. I kind of do want you two to end up together. He is handsome! Anyway, you look a lot happier, so that's why I'm thinking there still may be something there. I remember last season you were totally done with it. See how quick things change? Carla's grade for the week: A.

Big Ang: Who knew you had been to jail? I love how you said you were a total loser that day. It's your honesty and candor that people respond to, I think, and you gave us plenty in that brief scene at the restaurant. And that scene in the deli with Drita was so interesting. Your 38 year old husband needs to appreciate what he has with you. That's all I'll say about that. We love you. Big Ang's grade for the week: A.

Ramona: You behaved yourself, probably because no one said the D word. I actually enjoy your scenes when you're calm and collected. The rift between you and your father is really sad. I hope you two can patch things up soon. Ramona's grade for the week: B.

Karen: You really showed up for Renee. I respect that a lot. And I'm sure she appreciates it, too. No matter what, you're there for your friends, and that speaks volumes to me about what kind of person you are. I have a lot of respect for you after this episode. Karen's grade for the week: A.

Renee: What can I say? The depression and panic you must have been going through before the infamous letter was almost too much for you. And then, the letter. You were fighting all alone for something that wasn't even there. The fight you have in you is more than most people in the world combined. You weren't going to rest until you got answers. But the answer you got when you called your family was not at all what you expected. I think we saw you physically revert back to that scared little girl who doesn't want her father to be taken away, and we cried with you. We hurt with you. This tribulation isn't over yet on the show, since we'll see the full story of Junior's alleged betrayal of your father in next week's episode. If this low is the catalyst for you taking certain people out of your life forever and putting yourself first, then it will definitely be worth it. We're all rooting for you. Renee's grade for the week: A.

What did you think of this episode? Tweet me!