Monday, March 19, 2012

If Money Grew on Trees

The Real Housewives of Atlanta was really good this week. LOTS and lots going on, so I'm excited to blog about the episode. I'm just gonna dive right in!

Bam!

Kandi: I LOVE your song with Jo Dee Messina. It is awesome. And I'm not even a huge country fan. But that song is a hit. I love it. I'm so proud of you for achieving your goal of getting into country music - I think you're definitely going to have lots of success in that genre. I also appreciated the fact that you and Kim made up. Kim is not my favorite person, but you didn't do anything wrong and you told the truth when asked, so it was nice to see you two patch things up. Kandi's grade for the week: A.

Sheree: Congrats on your daughter's upcoming engagement! I understand why her boyfriend/fiancee talked to her father first, even though he's not really in her life right now. It's a guy thing. Of course he was going to speak to you as well. He seems like a good guy. I wish them the best. But, I will ask that you not be so negative about marriage just because yours ended badly. I agree that a woman should make her own money, though. Speaking of ... what exactly do you do for work again? Just asking! Sheree's grade for this week: B.

Nene: I feel for you with this divorce. You are in a great place professionally, but your marriage is still in a terrible place. It has to be hard to get so much success all at once without that partner by your side to share it with. However, I think you're sending out mixed signals regarding John. I think it was in last week's show where you called him your man or your boo or something like that. Then you claim he's not your boyfriend. So, I'm a little confused. Nene's grade for the week: C.

Cynthia: You go, girl! I loved your discussion with Mal. I applaud you for standing your ground and not backing down. You are so right. She wants to badmouth your marriage and your husband while she has troubles of her own?! I don't think so! I think some people may say you were harsh with her, but in reality, you said what you needed to say and you didn't hit below the belt. But you let her know, the bullsh*t stops now. She apologized, you accepted, and hopefully, you all can move forward from this. Cynthia's grade for the week: A.

Phaedra: That baby's birthday party was over the top, just like the baby shower, so no one should be surprised. I've learned you can't really say anything about how people want to celebrate their child, so I'm just going to say it was elaborate for a one year old who's not going to remember it. So, really, it's more for you and the other adults there. More specifically, it's about showing off. There. I said it. And Dwight is getting sloppy in his old age! "Last but least"??? Really?! I liked Apollo's speech, I thought he did an awesome job. I'm sure through the magic of editing it looked like you were late, but I have a feeling you were either on time or not as late as it may have seemed. Phaedra's grade for the week: C.

Kim: Good for you for putting your friendship with Kandi back together. I can't understand why you didn't do it sooner, but hey, better late than never. I love how you call Cynthia crazy and passive aggressive. Um ... check the mirror, sweetheart. But I digress. I would say keep up the positivity, but we all know that's not gonna happen. Kim's grade for the week: C.

Marlo: Thank you for coming clean with Lawrence. Your explanation still wasn't 100% truthful, but with you, I'm sure people will just take any kind of apology they can get. Marlo's grade for the week: B.

What did you think of this episode? Tweet me!