Monday, February 27, 2012

Here's to Us

Last week's Glee was SO friggin' sad, it's taken me almost a week to even get myself to write about it. I'll keep it brief, since there were a couple of storylines that totally dominated the episode. We won't see another Glee episode until April, which is kind of sad, in my opinion.

So let's talk about this episode, shall we?

First, New Directions won Regionals. I don't know whether it's a good or bad thing that this was pretty much a background occurrence for me on this episode. The other storylines were just so much more important to me, this one kind of went under the radar.

Karovsky was outed and subsequently attempted suicide. Those moments before he hung himself were so full of anguish and sorrow. This was possibly one of the most important episodes of Glee ever just because it dealt with the pain of a young person who thinks they have no other alternative but to end their life. I don't know of any other show that has ever depicted the reality of what a suicide is - planning it, actually taking the steps to carry it out, and then, the horrible result. Karovsky's father finds him just in time, and he's taken to the hospital before it's too late. Kurt's scene with Karovsky in the hospital was one of the more emotional scenes in an already emotional episode. The lesson of forgiveness was never more beautifully portrayed than in this scene. A bully begging for the friendship of his victim and actually getting it. If more people could forgive like this, we'd all be better off.

Quinn's accident was not a total shock. There were red flags - texting while driving. But the impact of that truck truly took my breath away. I gasped just as I'm sure all of the viewers did. But here's another lesson - DO NOT TEXT AND DRIVE. Like the commercial says, no text message is that important. I do believe Quinn will live through the accident, but we'll have to wait until April to find out.

Rachel and Finn haven't gone through with their wedding just yet, and I don't think they will.

I cannot wait until we see what happens. What did you think of this episode? Tweet me!