Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Just Not Ready

Why did this episode of the Real Housewives of Atlanta fall so flat for me? Sure, there were bright spots, but damn. This season is getting tedious all of a sudden. This will be a short one, kids.

Nene: I love seeing you with your younger son. He's so adorable. I like how you relate to him and ask him to express himself. I love the Mommy side of you. Nene's grade for the week: A.

Kandi: I also love the Mommy side of you with Riley in the store. It was a really cute scene. I admit I am curious about why you didn't go to Aiden's party, unless they said why and I missed it. Kandi's grade for the week: B.

Sheree: I'm a little disappointed that there will be no proposal, but I think it's for the best. There's no reason for your future son in law to break the bank just for an engagement ring. If he can't afford that, chances are he can't afford a full blown wedding either. My only problem with you this week is that you were practically talking him out of it the whole time and then you looked shocked when he told you he wasn't ready. And we get it. You're divorced. Sheree's grade for the week: C.

Phaedra: Like I said last week, you can throw whatever kind of party you want for your baby. It seemed to be a very festive and joyous celebration, so congratulations on that. I won't fault you for going over the top because that's what you like and you freely admit that. Phaedra's grade for the week: A.

Kim: I am happy for you, in the sense that you lucked out big time with Kroy. He obviously loves you and your girls very much, and vice versa. So mazel to you. However, I can't take your personality. It's seriously the screeching halt to all of the episodes for me. I don't think it was ok to be anti-social at the party with Cynthia. There's a way to be civil and polite without going overboard into fake territory. After the party was over, you should have just gone home. What was the point of talking about it in the parking lot, of all places? I'm just glad it was just a conversation and nothing crazy happened. No wig shifting or anything. Kim's grade for the week: D.

Cynthia: I understand why you would want to keep things positive at the party. You didn't want a repeat of Peter's craziness at Kim's baby shower. It didn't really go your way, and you ended up having to deal with Kim in the end in the parking lot. Frankly, I liked that you didn't back down, but it was hilarious when you admitted in your interview that you don't even remember what you said about her. Now, that's comedy. All this hubbub over a simple comment that you don't even recall saying. Oh well. I think it's funny. You apologized and Kim went to smoke a cig. Classy. You win, Cynthia, you definitely win. Cynthia's grade for the week: A

What did you think of this episode? Tweet me!