Friday, March 2, 2012

No One Likes a Unibrow

The second episode of this season of Bethenny Ever After was really fun, but also quite emotional.

Bethenny has a girls' weekend in Montauk with her close girlfriends - including some college buddies. Brynn comes along with Cookie and the other ladies bring their kids as well. The moment at the table where Brynn says "I'm the baby" was so adorable! It was so great to see her just talking away. The look on Bethenny's face was great. Not so great? The pressure to have a second child. I don't know why women think it's ok to say whatever they want to other women. Listen here, sister. Just because we both have lady parts doesn't mean you get to tell me what to do with mine. You wanna have more kids? Great! Go for it. But if I'm not saying I want a kid (or in Bethenny's case, another kid), you really don't need to tell me what I should or shouldn't do. If Bethenny were asking for their advice and SAYING she wants another child, then it would be appropriate for her friends to comment. Otherwise, it's just annoying.

But of course, there were fun times on the girls' weekend. The performer at the bar calling Bethenny Benjamin Franklin was too funny.

I loved Bethenny's lunch with Hoda Kotb. Those two are nothing but laughs. I love it.

Nick the food blogger was great on this episode, too. I haven't gotten "threaded" yet, so I salute Nick for doing it and getting through it. Although at the end, I think I saw a single tear in his eye. No judgement, though! We love you, Nick!

Bethenny's issues with trust really do stem from her relationship with her biological father. She has guilt about wanting to go be with him when she was a teen because it caused friction with her stepfather. Of course, that brings up trust issues in general - and Bethenny says her circle of friends (aka people she trusts) is closed. That's not a bad thing, though. At this point, she is balancing so much, getting to know new friends just isn't a priority. I can't wait to see the boat ride from hell next week. Also, I want to see Jason and Bethenny work through their issues. I hate seeing them not being 100% on the same page.

What did you think of this episode? Tweet me!