Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Mob Daughter

Mob Wives was really interesting this week, for many reasons. I actually sympathized with Ramona for once! What is this world coming to?! All the girls are dealing with stress - Renee with Junior, Drita with Lee, Ramona with the legal system and her boyfriend, and Karen with her daughter's father. And Big Ang introduced us to her new love, Louie, the cutest dog this side of Giggy Vanderpump.

On the Sit Down (which is not online yet, for some reason), Siggy Flicker from VH1's Why Am I Still Single? dishes with Carla and Renee about dating and relationships. It was a really fun show.

Now, back to the episode!

Drita: I love that you're boxing with a trainer again. This is so much better for you than street fighting. I can see you being great at this, so please keep it up. Your reaction to Carla meeting up with Ramona was understandable. At least it was to me. Your nervous that your friend is associating with the person that has nothing but bad things to say about you. That would make anyone nervous. You didn't tell her not to be nice to her or anything, though. I truly believe you want to be done with the bullsh*t, but you just don't know how that will actually happen. Big Ang is right - everyone needs to get over it. I think if Karen extended an olive branch as a sign of good faith, you would be open to it. Ramona would have to really do some work to bury the hatchet with you. That one is a lot more complicated. When Lee called and admitted his mistakes, your face spoke volumes. Did anyone else get scared when he said if they didn't work things out it would get ugly? I don't know why but I took it almost like a threat, in a way. Maybe it was just me. I hope you finished your conversation with your daughter about fighting, and I hope you were honest with her about the fact that you have fought in the past, but you're in the process of learning more healthy ways to resolve conflicts. At least that's what I would have said. Drita's grade for the week: B.

Renee: The scene at the therapists' office with Junior was one of the most devastating scenes yet. I cannot believe how insensitive he's been with you. You're so on edge, that any little thing he says now just brings back a flood of resentment. I'm so glad you're not with him anymore. Have I said that before? (I have.) You were sweet to be there for Ramona with her boyfriend's legal issues. You've been there, so you're pretty much the expert. I just want you to focus on you without Junior in the picture, which frankly, it looks like you're doing now. We're seeing things that happened like 4 months ago, but it's going to be great to see you take steps to better yourself. Renee's grade for the week: B.

Carla: I love that you're so honest with everyone about everything. You know Drita's not going to be thrilled with you talking to Ramona, but you tell her anyway. Anyone who still thinks you're molded by Drita is just not being realistic. I don't blame you for wanting to be on semi-good terms with all the ladies, because, let's face it, it's a lot nicer to be friendly with everyone than to be fighting with everyone. And you're a nice girl! I like you, hun. Carla's grade for the week: A.

Karen: That phone call with your daughter's father was INTENSE. Talk about resentment. Seriously, I get it - you need to work to provide for your daughter because her father isn't or wasn't. So, I can understand why you got so upset when he said you left your family. You're working on bringing your family to New York where your new life (and financial stability) is. I feel for you on this one. I loved your book cover photo shoot. You looked great, shout out to whomever styled you for that. I really like you when you're just cool and not fighting with people. Karen's grade for the week: A (because she showed me a different side to her this week.)

Ramona: I said in the beginning that I sympathized with you for once, and I did. The scene outside the courthouse was emotional and definitely a peek inside the real person behind your tough persona. The scene with your kids was also really interesting. I appreciate the fact that it had to be difficult to have that conversation. You really should show this vulnerable side more. It's a lot more likable than your ... other sides. I have to call you out on what you said to Karen about your conversation with Carla. If I remember correctly, Carla never said that Drita was the one she heard all the rumors from. She said she heard from different people that you were talking about her. But according to you, it all came from Drita, which is NOT what Carla said. So, you lose points for that. Ramona's grade for the week: C-.

Big Ang: I love Louie! He's adorable!! As are you. Just keep being you. Fan favorite with good reason. Big Ang's grade for the week: A+.

What did you think of this episode? Tweet me!