Tuesday, February 7, 2012

A Hot Minute

Part 2 of the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills Reunion was deee-licious! A satisfying, savory meal we could all really sink our teeth into. Brandi joined the ladies on the Lisa and Camille side of the room, and the claws came out (even more than on Part 1). The gloves were definitely off in this round, so let's talk about who scored and who didn't.

Brandi: I'll admit I wasn't too fond of you when you were first introduced to us on the show. But one thing I will say about you is that you're not a liar. Sometimes you give us way too much information, but all of it is true. I appreciate that. That's why I'm certain you're telling the truth when you say, for example, that Adrienne doesn't like Lisa and that Lisa doesn't speak badly about the other ladies. I may not always agree with everything you say or do, but at least you're yourself 100% of the time. I commend you for saying what so many of us are thinking when it comes to Taylor (why did she write that book so soon?) and not backing down to Kyle (like when she told you to give it a rest). I don't condone slashing tires, but that story is pretty funny. Except, if it were me, I wouldn't have told the bastard not to ride his motorcycle after I did it. Just kidding! I hope you come back next season just so you can be the bane of Adrienne's existence. Oh and I love that you and Lisa are friends. The most surprising friendship of the season, by far. As far as I can tell in the previews for Part 3, you're still joking about wanting Lisa's hubby - do me a favor and quit saying that. It's not funny. Brandi's grade for the week: A-.

Lisa: You didn't have to say much this week, mostly because everyone else was busy proving your points for you. You had to defend yourself all throughout Part 1, so it must have been nice to sit back and relax while the rest of the ladies had to answer for some of their actions this season. It probably hurt like hell to hear that Adrienne doesn't like you - not to mention the fact that she didn't deny it, she just said it wasn't "nice" for Brandi to tell you that - but seriously, what do you need Adrienne for anyway? She seemed like a good friend at first, but now it's really not worth it to even bother with her. If she's going to be pissed off at every little thing and then talk bad about you behind your back, let her go. You're better off without her. As for the rest of the ladies, I truly hope you can salvage a friendship with Kyle once she's off her high horse and I'll advise you to stay supportive of Taylor but don't get too close. It's better to just be a friend from afar with her. You were pretty much vindicated on Part 2, and I can only hope you'll come out looking like the Queen Bee that you are on Part 3. Lisa's grade for the week: A.

Camille: Your favorite curse word is probably "revenge", but you're working the good-girl persona, so I'll let you have "poopystink" or whatever it was you said. I think you came clean about changing this season, I mean, let's face it, you're a lot happier now, so of course, your behavior is going to reflect that. You weren't intimidated by anyone this season, you spoke your mind, and you had fun. So I say job well done. Hopefully you'll be back next season and give us some more positivity and straight talk. And I agree with Andy, as soon as you can, go back to using the surname Donatacci. It is magnificent. Camille's grade for the week: A.

Kyle: While you were explaining yourself this week, I couldn't help but be a little skeptical. When the clip was shown of you criticizing Lisa and Brandi's new friendship, it suddenly dawned on me. You are a little jealous. You're one of those girls who wants your friends to stick with you and throw shade on the girls you don't like. Let's be real, we've all been that girl at one time or another. The reality is, Lisa's not your pet or your child. She has a mind of her own. And if she chooses to be cool with someone you don't care for, you gotta be secure enough to be ok with that. I realize you're a bit of a control freak, and believe me, I can relate, but it really is better to just step back and let people do what they want to do. I know you and Brandi aren't actual friends yet, but you two could be pretty good friends if you gave it a chance. I think part of the problem is, you're so busy protecting people like Kim and Taylor, you maybe don't know what it's like to just be a friend to someone who doesn't need you so much. Let me tell you, it's awesome. Please take my advice for next season. You were a favorite on season 1 for a reason. Don't let us down. Kyle's grade for the week: C-.

Adrienne: Again, what a disappointment. I have no doubt in my mind that you really did say you didn't like Lisa. But here's the thing, who cares??? Why not just come out and say it? Just say, "Yeah, I said that because I was upset at the time." Don't say, "Why would you tell her that? That's not nice." Really??? I mean, what happened here? I was asked why I thought you were jealous of Lisa after last week's blog and the answer is - you want her spot. You want to be the favorite. You want your dog to be popular. You want people to respond to you the way they respond to her. So what do you do? You trash her and accuse her of shitty things and make it sound like she has to butter people up in order for them to like her. Let's just say you were telling the truth, your delivery sucks. The way you throw these accusations at her makes you look like the fool here. Please, talk to whoever helped Camille this season and get yourself together for next season. I'm begging you. We want to like you, but you're making it so difficult!! Adrienne's grade for the week: F.

Taylor: A lot of hurt feelings came to the surface this week. The fact that you wrote a book (and promoted it) so soon after your late husband's suicide put people off. The blogs are buzzing that your book may not be totally honest. Your motivation for writing the book is being questioned. Here's what I think. I think you must have done some journaling in therapy because that's what most therapists make you do. So, I'm with you there. I think you, of all people, probably know the statistics on domestic violence, since you are a survivor and you worked with a domestic violence charity like we saw on season one. However, I think your greatest motivator at this point is money. You said you're being sued because of your late husband's actions, you no doubt have massive legal fees, and you have a young daughter to support. I don't blame you for wanting to make some cash. And I'd like to know when you got your book deal, because more than likely it was before the tragedy even happened. Unless it was some fast track kind of deal which I doubt. I've said before, I'm gonna take it easy on you in light of all you're dealing with. But you have to be honest with us, the viewers, first and foremost. Because believe me, you need us. I still only want the best for you and your daughter. Brandi touched a nerve with you but she's only saying what so many of us are thinking. Taylor's grade for the week: D+.

Kim: We'll get to you on Part 3!

What did you think of this episode? Tweet me!