Monday, February 20, 2012

I'm a Boss

The South Africa trip comes to an end this week, but the drama is still going strong. The girls visited a museum, went on another safari, had a semi-slumber party, and an explosive argument over dinner. Just another day on vacation with the Real Housewives of Atlanta!

Let's begin!

Kandi: I truly don't believe you were trying to say anything derogatory about Kim when you said you didn't see her on the South Africa trip. I agree with you. I think Kim says she would have gone because she wants to look like she'd be open to that, but the reality is, she probably wouldn't have wanted to go even if she could. You were being honest - and unfortunately, which these ladies, that doesn't get you very far. You were honest with Marlo about why you didn't like her at first, and you were honest with Kim about what you said. At the end of the dinner on the last night in South Africa, you were defending yourself alone. Which is fine because you are a boss. None of the other ladies can take away from your confidence. You got this. Kandi's grade for the week: A.

Cynthia: I was a little disappointed in you this week. Seriously, you did a major flip flop when it came to what you really think of Marlo. Maybe you didn't want to cause problems but you really didn't do yourself any favors. You should have said that the bragging was a little over the top but you like Marlo as a person, which is all you really needed to say. I hate it when people say you're a follower (Nene's follower, more specifically), and then you go and do this and basically prove them right? Come on, Cynthia, you got to do better than this! What you said about Marlo wasn't even bad! On a totally different subject, you were absolutely stunning on the entire South Africa trip. I loved your looks, and of course, your Chuck Taylors. Cynthia's grade for the week: D.

Nene: You seriously don't think Marlo is superficial? When all she talks about is labels? Hmmm. Well maybe you see something in her that the rest of us don't. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on that one. I don't agree with you, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. I thought it was funny when you said Kim was the Smalls' boss, but only because of the way you said it. I don't think Kandi and Phaedra are under Kim's spell, but Sheree definitely is. So, if anything, you should have been more specific with your shade. I think it was big of you to admit that you're not happy and that you have a lot weighing on your shoulders right now when the "medicine man" read his "bones" about you. Can we all agree that whole scene was a bunch of bullsh*t? Ok, great. Nene's grade for the week: D.

Phaedra: When did you become the voice of reason this season? This is so crazy but you really were one of the only ladies with your head on straight during this trip. You were interested in the cultural aspect of the vacation and you were respectful of the culture itself. You didn't participate in the "medicine man"'s shenanigans, and I don't blame you. That was total rubbish. And you weren't rude about not wanting to participate. I think you should have set Sheree straight when she misquoted Kandi to Kim on the phone, but maybe you just thought it wasn't that big of a deal. Please don't turn into a looney tune when you all get back to the States. I like this Phaedra we saw on this trip. Phaedra's grade for the week: A.

Marlo: AH! BE QUIET! You should be taking your own advice, honey. You are constantly yelling. Or is it the booze that's doing that? Either way, you are way too loud. Loud vocally, and loud about your "fashion". We get it, you love fashion, but that doesn't mean you have to advertise it 24/7. Unless you're a spokesperson and we're just not aware. The food poisoning was karma, obviously, for you not being the least bit respectful of the culture on this trip in the slightest. Sorry! I would say that I hope you learned from the experience, but I don't think you're that self-aware at this point. Hopefully you can look back on this and see how ridiculous your behavior was. Marlo's grade for the week: F.

Sheree: When that "medicine man" told you that you would never get married again because you're too old, I laughed so hard I almost fell off my couch. That was hilarious. Of course, you didn't enjoy it, but that was the funniest thing I've ever seen. You may have thought that telling Kim what Kandi said in front of Kandi was a good move, but at least have the story straight before you repeat it. What Kandi said and what you implied were two different things. I highly doubt you were looking out for Kim, by the way. I think you saw that the Talls and the Smalls were co-mingling, and you wanted to let Kim know that Kandi and Cythia were on friendly terms. But you couldn't come right out and say it, so you spun this little tale to get Kandi to admit that she and Cynthia were talking about Kim. But here's the thing - you agreed with what they were saying, too! You even said Kim wouldn't have come on the trip! This is just another example of you being insecure and causing trouble as a result. You need this show, and you need to cause drama to stay on it. I get it, but you make yourself look like an ass in the process. Whatever. Sheree's grade for the week: F.

Kim: You really shouldn't believe everything Sheree tells you. I'll give you a grade next week once we see what you do with the information you've been given.

What did you think of this episode? Tweet me!