Tuesday, April 10, 2012

"Twitter People"

Sunday night's Real Housewives of Atlanta centered mostly around Kandi's launch party for her new line of adult toys, but we got some good moments with all the ladies, including Cynthia's fashion school and Kim's birthday gift for Kroy. I'm a little sad to see the season end, especially with no real resolution for some of the issues between some of the ladies, but we have the Reunion to look forward to. And by the looks of the previews, it's going to be amazing. But let's talk about the finale, and you may be surprised by what I have to say.

Sheree: You really didn't have much of a presence on the finale, except at the Bedroom Kandi party, but that's fine with me. Unfortunately, word on the street is, you're not coming back next season, and most of us aren't too broken up about it. The fact that you threw Kandi under the bus was probably the nail in the coffin, to be honest. I think you've definitely run your course with this show. You had the same opportunities as everyone else to make big things happen, but it just didn't work out. I actually liked you on past seasons (who could forget, "Who gon' check me, boo?"), but you just didn't parlay it into anything bigger and better like some of your cast mates. I say, get yourself a job in the fashion industry and hit us up with some She by Sheree before the decade is out. Sheree's grade for the week: D.

Kandi: Congratulations on all of your business ventures. I love that you're a smart, sassy, business-savvy lady-boss. I think it's great, not to mention an awesome example for young women (NOT girls, as in children, who shouldn't be watching this show anyway), but young adult women, that they can get the career they want without depending on a man to support them or buy their affection. I admire you for always looking for the next great opportunity. I think the party was a little over the top, but it actually seemed to be success, so maybe over the top was appropriate in this case. I also loved the fact that you included your Twitter followers, because you're absolutely right, THEY are the ones who are going to ultimately grow your business for you. Only so many Atlanta socialites and party girls can buy so many "lipsticks". So, bravo to you for opening it up to the actual consumer and not being elitist about it. Kandi's grade for the week: A.

Nene: First of all, I love you, but you were so wrong on this episode. That's why I'm saying this show isn't for you anymore. Go do "Glee" and your sitcom and movies and all of that wonderful stuff, because this is not your gig anymore. And that's ok. But I do have to tell you what I thought of the episode, so here we go. I think it was wrong to take any of John's gifts if you knew he was that interested in you and you weren't feeling the same for him. Now, maybe the first gift could have been ok, because maybe that could have been considered a "now we're doing business together" type of gift. But the rest, no. I can't really condone taking that stuff knowing he was falling for you and you had no intentions of having a relationship with him. In fact, you were still having a relationship with Gregg, according to your conversation with Cynthia! Rolex or no Rolex, you shouldn't have accepted those gifts. Next, the Bedroom Kandi party. I don't really blame you for being turned off when your older son talked about going to the party also. That would kind of ruin it for everyone. But, as far as the viewers saw, he wasn't there. So, you should have had a good time. Instead, you complained because "Twitter people" were invited. I really don't know what's so bad about a "Twitter party", but I would love to know because I happen to follow you on Twitter and I was kind of hurt by that comment. If "Twitter people" aren't good enough to be at a party with you then why do you tweet when you're doing an appearance at a club? Because I've seen those tweets from you in the past. I'm just saying that came across so badly. Not to mention the way you left the party. If this is all beneath you at this point, then be gracious about it and bow out gracefully. It just feels like you're sick of this show and frankly, sick of us as your fans. If that's the case, I wish you the best, but I doubt people will support your upcoming shows if you have that kind of attitude. Just saying. Nene's grade for the week: F (it pains me to do this, but it's true.)

Kim: The birthday gift for Kroy was super flashy and expensive, which is more your taste than his, actually, but hey, if you're giving instead of receiving, I'm all for it. Anywhoo, you were nice at the party for the most part, but in your interviews you went after a few of the girls. That's fine. I've learned that the interviews are the place where most of you tell us what you really feel and think as opposed to being real in the moment when you're in front of the person. As I've said before, I will NOT be watching your wedding show, because I really don't like you. But, I will say, you have some funny moments, and you're not as infuriating as you used to be. I just can't bring myself to watch your show. Kim's grade for the week: C.

Phaedra: You were in rare form this week, with all the hunky men around, you could hardly contain your enthusiasm. I thought it was funny, but also a little gross at times. We all know you enjoyed your time with the male models, that's for sure. I think it's great you're moving forward with the funeral business and the makeup line for morticians (to use on dead people). I appreciate your hustle, just like I do Kandi's, so congrats. And thank you for being cool with everyone and not picking fights. That's how you win over an audience. Phaedra's grade for the week: A.

Cynthia: I loved your model search and I love your school. I thought you and Peter did an awesome job, and Mal missed out, big time. You tried to have fun at the Bedroom Kandi party (despite your comments about "Twitter parties", don't think I didn't catch that), but you were trying to make Nene have fun, which is never a good idea. If someone doesn't want to be at a certain event or function, let them go home. You worry about you and have a good time for yourself. There's no use trying to force someone into a good time. With that being said, I like you and I think you should come back next season, especially if Nene doesn't. Then, you'll have a chance to squash all the crap about you being her puppet, which is complete nonsense. I know you're your own person. But you're a people pleaser sometimes, and that's where people get confused. Cynthia's grade for the week: B.

Marlo: Thanks for behaving at the Bedroom Kandi party, but I think we're done with you. It was nice (loud) knowing you. Take care. Marlo's grade for the week: C.

What did you think of the finale? Tweet me!