Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Natural Woman

I love the mini-Drag U challenge on Drag Race, only because it's fun to see the gurls teach the art of drag to straight guys who have no idea what they're in for. It was a fun episode, but a lot more tense and emotional than I had expected. We have to talk about the queen who came back for a moment (literally), Kenya Michaels. I was delighted to see her, since she was my favorite from the beginning, but she just didn't deliver. And can I just say how much I loved Jesse Tyler Ferguson as a guest judge? The funniest ginger since Kathy Griffin. Jennifer Love Hewitt was a great guest judge as well, I always love when the guest judges get teary eyed during the lipsynch. Michelle was working a very regal look, which I thoroughly enjoyed. Now, let's dish about the queens.

Chad: Thank you for standing up to that loud-mouth partner of Chad's this week. He needed to be put in his place. He said he was kidding, but damn, he really needed to tone it down. You held your own, and he backed off. So, you win, sweetie. Your pregnancy realness look was not all that, but you did what you could under the circumstances. I'm telling you, mama, TOP THREE! Chad's grade for the week: B.

Kenya: Mami, que fue? What happened? This was not the challenge for you to come back with. Unfortunately, you chose the cute guy instead of realizing he had zero personality. I'm sorry you had to go just as quickly as you came back, but when it's an Aretha lipsynch and Latrice is involved, it's no contest, honey. I love your lipsynch performances, but this one wasn't for you. I loved seeing you again, though. Kenya's grade for the week: D.

Latrice: Your drag daddy was a good sport and I like your look for him. I guess the judges just didn't see the family resemblance. That's fine, though, because you knocked the lipsynch outta the park once again. Your Aretha was REAL the house DOWN. No more bottom two for you!! You've proven yourself and now it's time to break into the TOP THREE! Win the next challenge and secure that spot! Latrice's grade for the week: B.

Phi Phi: Your plan to get Kenya to give you the drag daddy you wanted worked out in more ways than one. He looked just like you in drag and he was really sweet with you. So, smart move there. And you won! Enjoy it, and make sure you have a plan for next week, because the competition is going to heat up. I loved your strip tease routine and your pregnancy look for you and your dude were cute. Just one question, did you set up Kenya to fail by telling her how to assign the daddies? Just asking. Phi Phi's grade for the week: B.

Sharon: Your drag daddy was a drag. Your reactions to him? Priceless. You win for best lines of the episode. You were cracking me up, doll. Anywhoo, you did the best you could but it wasn't enough to clinch the win this week. Please, pull out all the stops next week, and get into that TOP THREE!! We need you in the finals!! Sharon's grade for the week: A (for the laughs).

What did you think of this episode? Tweet me!