Sunday, April 22, 2012

Shade, Shade, Shade

Glamping is now part of our vocabulary, thanks to the Real Housewives of Orange County. Alexis took most of the ladies to a glamorous camping getaway, and even though it was pretty swanky, it was outdoorsy all the same. And of course, there was plenty of complaining about the elements. Tamra was still nursing her breast implant extraction, and Gretchen was nursing her voice - I still don't understand why that's taking so long. So, let's get into the episode more in depth.

Alexis: I think it was nice for you to invite everyone to the Glamping trip, but I don't think it turned out quite the way you planned. I like that you and Vicki got along, but your tit for tat with Heather is getting old. I don't know if it's because you just don't listen, or you just don't want anyone else's input or opinions. I think you need to open up a little more and let go of the control you so desperately seem to want to hold on to. And I didn't like you just throwing the garbage bags by the wayside for the staff at the resort to pick up. I think you confuse being glamorous and fabulous with acting superior sometimes, and that is so not a good look for you. I did like your dance break in the car, though. Alexis' grade for the week: D (because she needs to get a grip).

Gretchen: I understand how frustrating it is when your voice won't (or can't) do what you want it to do. But, really? This voice thing you're milking is getting super old. I truly can't wrap my head around how you destroyed your voice by having one screaming match however long ago. I get it, the incident with Vicki probably was more recent than it seems on the show. I'm pretty sure your Pussycat Dolls performance will be fine, because if the show is entertaining, they'll forgive you for not belting out your song. Also, I don't think your voice is that strong to begin with if screaming at someone does that much damage. Just saying. Gretchen's grade for the week: C (for needing to suck it up and quit whining).

Vicki: Once again, you were the meanest girl on the block this week. You were talking down to Tamra about getting her implants taken out, which really was out of line. Not to mention your less-than-nice comments about it in your interviews, saying that you were finally able to become friends with Alexis because Tamra wasn't there to influence you. Come on. You are the last person that should be talking about stopping people from being friends. That is your forte, sweetie. You had a moment of being nice on the Glamping trip but I have a feeling it's just a short term thing. Vicki's grade for the week: D (for being a shady lady).

Tamra: You get a pass from me this week because you're in recovery from getting your implants out, and you had to deal with Vicki's shade. Tamra's grade for the week: Pass (feel better and throw some shade back at Vicki).

Heather: I've grown to appreciate your humor, so I think I'm being fair here. You were being a little uppity at the Glamping site. Just a little. But I understand why, because dealing with crazy women would tense anyone up, I think. You were the only one listening and being respectful to the staff, especially with the whole starting-the-fire situation. I really don't think you were trying to steal Alexis' thunder at all, but you are a take charge person, that's just you. I didn't think you said anything too crazy about Alexis, but anything you say is going to offend her. Maybe next time, just let Alexis take the lead and don't say anything - we don't want you turning into a mean girl. Heather's grade for the week: B (because I want her to stay away from the mean girl path).

What did you think of this episode? Tweet me!