Thursday, April 19, 2012

Gossip Girls

As promised, I'm getting all caught up this morning. Sunday's Mob Wives centered around (who else?) Junior and his decision to cooperate with the Feds against Renee's father. It was another emotional episode, but I have a feeling next week will be even more dramatic. I can't help but wonder how the producers decide how to let the drama unfold on this show and if any of the cast members object to any of it. In my opinion, this show is one of the most raw. I can't imagine many other reality shows exposing as much as these ladies do. But, I definitely appreciate them doing so, because we really are invested in their lives and care about them. So, let's jump right in, kids.

Renee: I think you're doing the best you can in the situation you were handed, which was a terrible, horrible situation. I don't think now is the time to fight with any of your friends. I know there's gossip and you've got our guard up, but please, don't believe everything you hear. Try to shut all that negativity out and focus on you and your family. Renee's grade for the week: Pass (she's going through too much to get a grade this week).

Drita: I think it was smart of you to quit boxing, you're not ready to channel your rage anywhere else right now, much less a boxing ring. So, good for you for walking away. If it's not healthy, and it's not going to help you, don't do it. I thought it was great that you went to see Renee even though you heard she was mad at you. All that stuff goes out the window when someone is in a crisis, and you are a good friend to her. Drita's grade for the week: B (for kicking that poor kid in the boxing ring, LOL!).

Carla: I, personally, don't think you said anything out of line on this episode. The problem is, you said it in front of Karen. That was your mistake. We don't know who told Renee what you said, but ... all signs point to Karen, and it doesn't help that she expressed that she had a problem with what you said during her interview. Technically, you didn't say Renee knew what Junior was doing, but you said she knew something was wrong. By the time the rumor mill got done with that, Renee's hearing that you said something totally different than what you actually said. Hopefully you two can clear this up, because a friendship shouldn't be broken up over rumors and gossip. Congrats on getting along with Joe, though. Gurl, I wouldn't let him get away if I were you. Mmm mmm mmm. Carla's grade for the week: B (for thinking she could speak freely and not get caught up in the rumor mill).

Karen: I don't know if you personally told Renee what Carla said, but the show certainly made it seem that way. Regardless, you had an issue with Carla speaking about Renee's situation and pointing out the obvious - Renee probably knew something was up with Junior because he's been acting different. But there's no possible way she could have known what it was, and I don't think that's what Carla was getting at. Your book sounds very interesting, by the way. Karen's grade for the week: C (for being suspicious of Carla's intentions).

Big Ang: I just love you and how you just sail along and don't get involved with anyone else's drama. Everyone loves you. You need to sit all these girls down and get them to understand that life is too short to be fighting with your friends. Please, tell me you have some kind of sit down at your house by the time the season ends. That would make my year. Big Ang's grade for the week: A (for being Big Ang).

We didn't see or hear from Ramona this week, but she's back next week, so we'll see how that goes.

What did you think of this episode? Wanna talk about something I didn't mention in this week's blog? Tweet me!