Sunday, April 22, 2012

Decisions

The latest episode of Glee kind of pissed me off. Once again, they're acting like high school is the be-all, end-all of life. Kids, mommy needs you to listen. High school is just that. You have the whole rest of your life to be whatever you want to be. Think about all the people who have hit their stride in their (gasp!) 30s, 40s, and 50s! I'm not saying that you kids don't have important decisions to make, but damn, this show is putting some unnecessary pressure on these kids!

For example, Finn needed to make up his own mind - and I'm not sure Will, Emma, and Rachel's intervention really helped. If anything he needed to sit down with his mom and talk to her about what he wanted to pursue. But, of course, the mom is only present incidentally, not in any real parenting capacity. Which kind of irritates me, as well.

I was not into the whole Rachel/Finn making up story, because I can taste them breaking them up in the last few episodes of the season. Just let them break up already.

I did love the Saturday Night Fever theme, because I love that album. I was raised on that album. My mother loves disco, and I love disco, and that is the disco album for the ages. A few of the performances really stood out to me, like Mercedes doing Disco Inferno and Santana doing If I Can't Have You. Everything else was just ... blah to me. I'm not sure why.

I'm just hoping the next episode will hold my attention and give me something I can live for.

What did you think of this episode? Tweet me!