Saturday, January 14, 2012

What Had Happened

Wednesday night's Watch What Happens Live was maybe one of my favorite shows ever. Rosie Perez (LOVE her) and Top Chef Masters contestant Hugh Acheson (famous for his unibrow) were the guests, along with recently eliminated Top Chef Texas contestant TyLor Boring serving as bartender. There were some technical difficulties, including Andy's watering eyeballs, but it was a fun show with lots of laughs. Rosie is one of my most favorite people in the world ever, and every time she says "what had happened" in her famous accent, I was laughing out loud. She has a great personality, and she's more beautiful than ever. Andy showed her dancing in her Soul Train days, and mama was FIERCE! Grrrr!!! I really liked Hugh and TyLor, as well. The After Show was awesome, with Rosie spilling the tea on JLo, Kanye, Spike Lee, and so much more. Check it out here.

Thursday's show was probably pre-taped, since the show's only guest, Rosie O'Donnell, tweeted about going to the clubhouse earlier in the week. But, it didn't take away from the show at all. It felt like an intimate date between Rosie and Andy, with a shirtless bartender who happens to be in Chicago on Broadway. They played an awesome game (Our Gayvorite Things), which was a hilarious take on the 70's game show Press Your Luck. Double Dare's Marc Summers was the host, and it was so great. Andy and Rosie battled it out with such topics as Barbra Streisand, Oprah, The Osmonds, and a soap opera I can't remember (sorry). I love Rosie, I've been a fan since VH1 Stand Up Spotlight, and I love that she was so honest about everything - from her old talk show, to past costars, to her working relationship with her new boss Oprah. The After Show was really good, so make sure you watch it here.

I love that Watch What Happens Live is on five times a week and the caliber of the guests is stellar. LOVE it! What are your thoughts? Tweet me!