Monday, January 9, 2012

Sweet Charity

Real Housewives of Atlanta is back, finally, but I was left a little cold with this episode, to be honest. I hope the next episode will be more exciting. Let's discuss ...

Nene: I loved you on this episode! That's no surprise, but I think it's worth mentioning. You were sweet to Marlo, and you looked like you were having fun with her friends at the charity function. We didn't see you interact with anyone else on the show. I hope next week we get some classic Nene attitude when you're faced with Mama Joyce and all the ladies. Nene's grade for the week: B.

Marlo: There is something to be said for being up front, which you most certainly are. I was impressed that you gave Nene the 411 on your run-ins with the law in the past, and I think it says a lot about you that you are friendly with her, despite all of the rumors about her and your boyfriend. I can only hope that you and Nene will remain partners in crime (not literally), because that would be fun to watch. Marlo's grade for the week: B.

Kandi: I respect you so much - not only are you an amazing singer, you're a brilliant songwriter and collaborator. I think any artist would be lucky to work with you, and I actually hope I get the opportunity someday! (I plan on auditioning for the Kandi Factory's second season.) Country music is a whole other animal than what you're used to, but you and Jo Dee Messina seemed to have great chemistry. I think you're gonna be the toast of Nashville once those two songs come out. Kandi's grade for the week: A.

Kim: I'll try to be nice this week, since you didn't do anything on this episode to completely piss me off. I think you need to sit down with Brielle, and maybe a therapist, and get her to open up to you about this whole new family situation. I'm glad Kroy is a good father, and Ariana is a real character. I honestly wish you the best, and I hope that happiness will transform you into a little more of a lady than we've seen in the past. Kim's grade for the week: B.

Sheree: You were in one scene and it was with Kim! Wow, that says a lot. I want to know whatever happened to your acting ... I'm sorry, it's just sad that you don't have a plotline besides your child support issues. Maybe open up to the other girls, and maybe get things resolved with Nene, because you're at your best when you interact with the ladies on an emotional level. Sheree's grade for the week: C.

Cynthia: I am one of the few people that believes in you and Peter's love, and in this episode, I was pissed off at Peter right along with you. It has to be frustrating to see the man you love tell you that he's not going to change no matter how much it may help your marriage. Hopefully the therapy session opened Peter's eyes to the fact that being stubborn is not the way to make a marriage work. I have to address Wendy Williams' claim that you asked for a do-over for the interview you did on her show recently. I don't blame you! She didn't let you get a word in edgewise! Just keep your head up - we know you and Peter are still together, and I want to see you get your fashion school up and running. And some fun scenes with Nene would be great, too. Cynthia's grade for the week: B.

Phaedra: I agree that the funeral business would be extremely lucrative for you and your family, but I also agree with Apollo that it is a little bit morbid. I like the family aspect of your storyline, so keep giving us Apollo and Aiden. You weren't totally annoying in this episode, and you actually put a smile on my face a couple of times with your silly sense of humor. Keep it up. Phaedra's grade for the week: A.

What did you think of this episode? Tweet me!