Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Welcome to Lanai

The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills was full of ups and downs this week, just like we like it, so let's get right to it.

Lisa: You are still my favorite this season, and in this episode, your sassiness was so adorable. I love your relationship with your husband, Ken, and for the record, he'd be a fool to even look at any other woman. You showed real sincerity when Taylor called with the news that her marriage was over. I'm glad you mended your friendship with her when you did. In Hawai'i, you handled the Brandi situation a lot better than I would have. You were firm and straight forward, and you did it with a sense of humor. Lisa's grade for the week: A.

Kyle: You made sure everyone had a good time at the White Party after the Taylor/Russell fiasco, and I commend you for that. Even though you were so upset, you were a good hostess, which says a lot about you in my opinion. I had to laugh when you were shooting daggers at Kim and Ken on the dance floor, though. Speaking of Kim, I felt for you when dealing with her inconsistent behavior in this entire episode. It has to be frustrating, especially when you're more aware of her issues better than anyone else. I wasn't surprised that Kim essentially bailed on you and didn't show up to the airport, but I was surprised at how much you let it bother you. This is your hot husband's birthday trip to Lanai! Don't let her ruin this for you! You seemed to have a better time as the trip went on, despite Brandi's antics, and you proved you're a true friend to Taylor when she called you on the beach. Kyle's grade for the week: B.

Kim: I can't kick you when you're down, Kim, so I'll just say: Rehab was a good choice. I hope when you watch these episodes you see how your behavior affects other people. It's not fun dealing with someone who's got substance abuse issues. I really hope you're getting better, and it was awesome to hear from Kyle on Wendy Williams today that you're no longer with Ken. He was no good for you. Kim's grade for the week: D.

Camille: You're the ray of sunshine this season, which is such a 180 from my reaction to you last season. You should give lessons to some of the other housewives on how to repair a terrible image. Believe me, you'll be a busy lady. Anyway, you clarified that your lawyers didn't want you around Russell, but you didn't make a huge deal out of it at the White Party. I respect that. You had fun in Hawai'i, and you weren't all over anyone else's husband, unlike your friend Brandi. I know you find her funny, but you should probably try to keep her from doing that kind of thing in the future. I'm not even mad at you for strutting your stuff in your bikini. Camille's grade for the week: B.

Brandi: I really want to like you, but frankly, you're drunk on practically every single episode, and then you tell us you used to roofie yourself. What?! Let's move on, shall we? I'm actually not going to hate on your barely there bikini, but I will say that you definitely like male attention. And there's nothing wrong with that, it's just that maybe you shouldn't drape yourself over someone else's husband - especially when you talk non-stop about the fact that your husband very publicly cheated on you with a famous singer ... I don't know, maybe not the best idea. I say, lay off the pills and booze for a few episodes. Brandi's grade for the week: D.

Adrienne: I love how diplomatic you are - in the middle of all the chaos, you have this inner calm which makes me wonder if you're actually some kind of yoga guru or something. When Brandi makes some idiotic comment about guys who drive red Ferrarris, you hold back instead of telling her she's a complete idiot. You're a stronger woman than I am, that's for sure. You didn't say much on this episode, but sometimes, silence is golden. Adrienne's grade for the week: A.

Taylor: Your struggle was never more apparent than in this episode. I truly thought you were going to break down in the limo when Russell kept insisting that Camille was lying about your marriage. The therapy session scene was probably your best scene this entire season, because you let down your walls and actually got real with us. You admit that the picture perfect marriage you and Russell are trying so hard to portray was just an illusion. When you call Lisa and Kyle and tell them that your marriage is over, you sound like a new woman. No one could have guessed that things were going to turn out so tragically. Taylor's grade for the week: B.

Dana: You were on the show for approximately 2 minutes. Dana's grade for the week: Not Applicable.

What did you think of this episode? Tweet me!