Saturday, January 14, 2012

Pickle Juice

Jersey Shore was quite emotional on Thursday night - what with Vinnie leaving to deal with his anxiety issues and all. The rest of the cast seems to be lost without him, but the laughs and drama will no doubt continue in Vinny's (short) absence. 

So let's get down to the nitty gritty of the episode!

Vinny: I can totally understand why you had to leave. I know it made your roommates upset, but you have to take care of yourself first. Anxiety and depression is no joke, and the best thing you could have done is to take some time out to get better. Especially if this is something you've been dealing with since you were a teenager. I know you'll come back, so it'll be nice to see you jump right back into the swing of things. Plus, you're raising awareness and probably sparking a dialogue for kids who may have the same problem. Vinny's grade for the week: A.

Pauly: You get the Dummy of the Week award. First, you burn your face off from tanning too much. Then, you bring home a skank whore who steals your chain just so she can come back and see you again (and get more camera time). I know you wanna hit Jersey "hord" for this last season, but you need to take a step back and make some better choices. I felt for you when Vinny left, being your bff and all, but I'm sure you want him to get better more than anyone. Vinny's grade for the week: C. 

Mike: I honestly want you to redeem yourself by the end of the season. I think you should stick with your girl Paula, drop the fight with Snooki, and ditch the "villain" persona once and for all. That's all I have to say to you. Mike's grade for the week: C.

Ronnie: You really tried to convince Vinny to stay, but nothing you did or said would have made a difference. You're super funny this season, which is definitely my favorite side of Ronnie. Keep it up, bro! Ronnie's grade for the week: A. 

Deena: I appreciate you on this show SO much. Just the comedic value alone is worth the price of admission. Your scene with the perfume was so hilarious. I love that you reconnected with a past boy toy, because that keeps you from salivating over Pauly. I'm not too excited about your upcoming drunken foolishness, but a Meatball doesn't change overnight, I guess. Deena's grade for the week: B.

Jenni: I wish we had more JWOWW moments on the show. I hate that you've been relegated to background player, but I'm hoping that will change as the season goes on. Jenni's grade for the week: B.

Sammi: You're still on my good side, and I love it! I love nice Sammi! All I can say is - I hope it lasts. Sammi's grade for the week: A. 

Snooki: Despite being falling-down-drunk at Karma, you had a pretty good episode, all in all. You and Jionni are still going strong, and I think that's awesome. Stay away from Mike and his drama, and make it a fun last season. Snooki's grade for the week: B.

The After Hours show focused mostly on Snooki and Mike - who are both adamant that the other is lying about the hooking up allegations. Mike ends up leaving, saying he doesn't want to keep making Snooki upset. Could it be he's tired of defending himself because it's not entirely true? Or is this just a plotline in progress? I'm officially over this storyline, so the sooner it's settled, the better. The previews for the next episode show Mike leaving - but this I'm positive that it's only temporary. He'll be back. Just like Vinny. Check out the After Hours show here

The Hook Up with Deena, Sammi, and Mike was pretty good. I like Kenny Santucci as a host. I wish he would host the After Hours show instead of that Amy chick. They discussed all the major plot points, and Mike talked about his behavior on the show. You can watch it here

What did you think of this week's Jersey Shore happenings? Tweet me!