Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Making Amends

This episode of Mob Wives was all about forgiveness, and I loved it! We have plenty to talk about, so here we go!

Big Ang: I gotta start with you. Right from the beginning, you're a positive influence on these ladies. You're fun, charming, real, and just plain nice. I loved your talk with Drita at the top of the episode, and your friend Linda is a riot. I'd party with you two any day. I agree that all this fighting is stupid, even though the show basically thrives on drama. But I think this show could use some light-hearted fun once in a while. Oh and no more plastic surgery. We love you just the way you are. The pow wow you organized turned out well, and I think that had a lot to do with how much the ladies respect you. Big Ang's grade for the week: A.

Drita: You have a lot on your mind, but you have the wherewithal to realize that Carla and Renee need to resolve their issues. I like that you're focusing on the future - getting ready to sell your house and getting your jewelry from Lee appraised. It was painful to watch you try to skirt the issue with Aleeya, but you're doing your best to keep her out of the grown-up problems that you and Lee are having. You just want your kids to be kids, and I love you for that. You were easy breezy at the Renee/Carla meeting, and it was such a relief that they're okay. Good job this week. Drita's grade for the week: A.

Renee: I really admire the fact that you sat down and wrote a letter to express your feelings about Carla. I do not like your friend Nikole - she wants you to stay mad at Carla for a reason. You don't need people who are going to encourage you to be angry. You've got enough problems, you don't need more anger in your life. You started off at Big Ang's get-together on the aggressive side, but I'm so glad you softened up and made up with Carla. You need good friends around you right now, and a friend of 27 years is not something you want to just walk away from over some pettiness. And you lighting up between Big Ang's boobs is my new favorite scene. That was just hilarious. About you and Junior, I like that you're happy - but I don't know if this is the best thing for you. You've revealed recently that you're not currently with him, so I'm guessing we'll see that unfold as the season goes on. I have to say, your friend Tiffany is right, you gotta focus on yourself. I thought it was so classy that you met with Carla in private to discuss the letter and I'm glad it didn't turn ugly at all.  Renee's grade for the week: B.

Carla: You were right to make peace with Renee. I love that you're dropping the mean girl routine! And for the record, I don't think you're Drita's puppet like Ramona and Karen say. You have your own opinions and your own ideas. You're just not on their team, so of course, they're going to hate on you. I look forward to your confrontation with Karen next week - show her she can't intimidate you. Carla's grade for the week: B.

Karen: I give you credit - you're a good friend. You've hitched your wagon to Ramona, and you're keeping it there for the time being. It was nice to see you having fun in this episode. I wish you would keep your temper and hatred for Drita on the back burner from now on. You're so much more likable when you're not tearing someone else down. Karen's grade for the week: B.

Ramona: I was surprised to learn you live a life of luxury travelling with your boyfriend. I do admire the fact that you divorced your husband for getting involved with the mafia (allegedly), but the problem I have with you is that I really can't wholeheartedly believe anything that comes out of your mouth. I hope you prove me wrong. I felt bad for you when you called Karen in a panic after your arrest. Your boyfriend must have been hiding something really bad from you for the cops to swoop in on y'all like that. Get that situation resolved, honey. Ramona's grade for the week: C.

On the next episode, Renee moves back in with Junior (bad idea!), Ramona reveals what went down with her boyfriend and the arrest, Drita and Carla dish about Ramona, Karen and Renee discuss Carla, and Karen and Carla finally meet up and it's not pretty.

What are your thoughts on Mob Wives? Tweet me!