Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Rumors, Gossip, and Crutches, Oh My!

We pick up right where we left off with the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills - Adrienne and Paul are still waiting for Kim to show up so they can attend the last Kings game in Sacramento. I can't say for sure what's wrong with Kim, but it looks like she made some kind of alcohol and painkiller smoothie and downed it before she finally dragged herself onto the Maloof/Nassif private plane. She talked the whole time, and although she was kind of funny, the whole scene was just sad. Kim needs to realize that people can see through her thin facade and get some real help. I hope she has made some progress with her sobriety.

Lisa got sort of beat down in this episode again. What's up with that? First Kim made fun of her fur skiing hat, which, let's be real, was fabulous, so whatever. Then, Taylor shows up at Kyle's house and proceeds to complain that details about her marriage and her weight ended up in a gossip magazine. She says only a few people (presumably her cast mates) knew these certain details. In her interview, Taylor hints - ok she flat out says - that she thinks Lisa is the rat. Um, really, Taylor? Here's a reality check. Everyone and their grandma knows about your marital problems because you're on a reality show. People you don't even know are now aware of your personal life, so don't be surprised that people are coming out of the woodwork to sell stories about you. And about your weight, honey, you're thin. Scary thin. Like skeletal status. Anyone with half a brain can see that. So, for you to jump to the conclusion that it had to be Lisa is preposterous. I'm sure that there are tons of people who would love to talk crap about you. Even if it was Lisa, which I really don't believe, she probably wasn't the only one. And then at the charity event, Taylor practically broke down when Lisa was showing genuine concern for Taylor's well-being. No good deed goes unpunished, I guess.

Now let's talk about Brandi. First - the interview shirt. It was like her boobs were a ventriloquist dummy. I couldn't look away. What was that thing? Suspenders? I don't even know. But here's what I do know: Brandi is giving Taylor a run for her money in every way imaginable. The hair, the reconstructed face, the blubber lips, and the attitude. I smell competition. And turns out Brandi is besties with Lisa's arch enemy Cedric. I'm not fooled by Brandi's whole "we used to model together" defense. If you're letting the paparazzi take photos of you together laughing and holding hands, y'all are friends. And I'm with Lisa on this one. Keep an eye on her! Plus you can smell the crazy a mile away.

It's not that I enjoyed the cattiness coming from Kyle and the other girls towards Brandi, because I didn't. It was juvenile and not cute. But I understood it. I mean, crutches, people, really? Crutches. Frankly, if I was at that party, I probably would have thrown some shade as well. Just being honest.

What did you think of this episode? Tweet me!