Tuesday, September 20, 2011

It's Gonna Be Great!

I wanted to take some time and talk about the new fall season of scripted shows, there are some that I'm really excited about!

Always Sunny in Philadelphia (FX, Thursdays, 10 pm): This show is not for the easily offended or faint of heart. You need a dark sense of humor to really enjoy this show. The 7th season started with a bang last week. Literally! If you liked the movie Horrible Bosses, you will like this show, which also stars Charlie Day. Charlie is hilarious on this show and in the movie.

Up All Night (NBC, Wednesdays, 8 pm): I really liked the commercials for this show, and I'm a huge Maya Rudolph fan. The first episode was really funny. Christina Applegate and Will Arnett play a couple who are used to being the partying kind until their beautiful baby girl comes along and they have to change their world completely. Will's character is unemployed and stays home with the baby, while Christina's character works for Maya, who plays an Oprah-esque talk show host.

New Girl (FOX, Tuesdays, 9 pm): Again, the first episode had me laughing out loud. This series is centered around the adorable Zooey Deschanel as a young woman freshly dumped and looking for a place to live. She finds an ad on craigslist and ends up moving in with three single dudes (don't try this at home, girls!). The result is a really funny, sweet show, mostly due to Zooey's awesome character. She's quirky and funny and a little weird, but always self-aware and sincere. Check this one out after Glee.

Glee (FOX, Tuesdays, 8 pm): Speaking of Glee!!! I am so excited!! I am a total Gleek and I cannot wait for the season premiere tonight. This season better be amazing - I'm sure it will be.

Two Broke Girls (CBS, Mondays, 8:30 pm): I am looking forward to checking out this new show. I really like Kat Dennings, and Michael Patrick King - creator and writer of Sex and the City - is writing this show along with Whitney Cummings, so I'm excited to see what this show has to offer. Basic premise is Kat plays a waitress in a tough neighborhood and a trust fund heiress whose family has lost all of their money comes to work with her and they become friends and move in together. I can see where it might get a little cheesy, but let's hope they avoid that.

Whitney (NBC, Thursdays, 9:30 pm): I have some reservations about this show. First, I'm not a big fan of Whitney Cummings' stand up comedy, although she is funny. I just have to take her in small doses. Also, the commercials seemed really corny and not funny to me at all. But I'm willing to give this show a chance.

SNL (NBC, Saturdays, 11:30 pm): The first show of the season airs Saturday, September 24th, with Alec Baldwin as the host and Radiohead as the musical guest. I have been a fan of this show since I was 15, and no matter what, I will always watch, I don't care what anyone says. I don't have to love every single sketch, or every single show for that matter, but I am a die hard SNL fan. So I'm definitely excited for a new season.

What shows are you excited for this fall season? Tweet me at my twitter page.