Monday, September 26, 2011

A Million Insults

Well, Watch What Happens Live returned with its 5th season premiere last night and you know I have a lot to say about it.

Ms. Patti Stanger of the show Millionaire Matchmaker was the only guest for the one hour show. Oy. Don't get me wrong, I used to like Patti and her show. But something happened last season or maybe the one before it, where I could not take her insulting, abrasive personality anymore. She's rude, crass, and mean, and not in a good way. I usually like brassy, tell-it-like-it-is women. But on more than one occasion, I cringed through entire episodes of Millionaire Matchmaker. So, I stopped watching.

Apparently, many viewers agree with me about Patti as there were numerous tweets and trending topics begging Andy Cohen to cancel Ms. Stanger's appearance on his season premiere. Alas, he didn't listen to us. But I think he learned his lesson.

Patti was actually pretty well-behaved during the beginning of the show, but quickly reverted back to her less-than-charming self. First, she stated that all gays are in open relationships and none are truly monogamous. Andy tried to make the case that he is all for monogamy, but Patti wouldn't hear it. Andy was visibly perturbed by that. Then, Patti asserted that all Jewish men lie. Andy, again, attempted to argue that he, being Jewish, doesn't believe that statement to be true. Patti laughed it off. Andy did not look pleased, and even made comments about both statements throughout the show. Oh, and let's not forget her particularly vulgar language and not so funny jokes. Wow. Maybe the wine was getting to her?

To be fair, Patti did issue an apology for her remark about the gay community, but I haven't seen anything from her camp about her comment about Jewish men. You can read her apology here.

On the After Show (Part 1 and Part 2), Patti seemed to be pretty ripped. At one point she admits not being able to speak ... to which I screamed at the tv: "Give her another cocktail, Andy, please!" Long story short, Patti did what she does best: alienate people, insult people, and shill her products. I wouldn't trust Patti to find me a good pizza place, much less a soul mate/life partner/spouse, so she can suck it.

Let me know what you thought of the show by tweeting me!