Friday, January 18, 2013

Shahs of Sunset - "Better to Be a Red Hot Mess" - Reza Farahan

Happy Friday, everyone! I just want to let you all know that all blogs will be posted on Fridays from now on, so check in with me on Friday for all your reality tv happenings and of course, grades and rants. I really enjoyed this week's Shahs of Sunset episode, partly because I now feel like I know what it is to have a Cabo vacation, which I've never had. I also now realize I've never been on a yacht or anything resembling a yacht and now I can say I lived vicariously through my Persian princes and princesses on the show. But it wasn't all fun and games, so let's give out some grades.

MJ: I love that you proved that you're the life of the party and you don't care what anyone thinks of it. That just made me love you more. I love that you hugged it out with Asa, but the look on your face told me you do not trust her. It was hilarious when you said in your interview "I win" when Lilly left. Is that what it was about, really? That you can hang with Reza (and vice versa) and she can't? I'm just wondering why you were even threatened by Lilly in the first place. You know she is not going to take anything away from you. But then again, I know what it's like to be wary of new people, so I'm just going to leave it at that. And you're right, being a skinny bitch ain't everything. I do want to know why you had your dog's pills with you in Cabo, though? WTF? MJ's grade for the week: B (you did your thing and had fun, but I can't help but worry about those pills ...)

Reza: You are a shit-talker, but I can't stay mad at you. You definitely talk shit about everyone, so I'm thinking you're one of these equal-opportunity offenders. Not that it makes it any better. But this thing with MJ is really blowing up in your face. Really? Showing her ID and taking those pills out? Her reaction was great, because she really couldn't care less, but it just sucks that you air her personal info like that and really for no reason. I'm sure that because you're so close to her and you love her so much, you think it's ok, but it really isn't. I was happy to hear you admit that Lilly is indeed a buzzkill. She is. Was your statement that it's better to be a red hot mess than fake perfect directed at Lilly, perhaps? Because Bravo sure made it look that way. Reza's grade for the week: D (I love you, but you really embarrassed your best friend and I can't be ok with that).

GG: Congratulations on the event going so well. Even your sister had to admit that it was great, and she said she was proud of you, which really made me happy for you. That's awesome. I wasn't into all the games with Omid and Alex, but hey, whatever floats your boat. GG's grade for the week: A (you pulled the launch party off and you seemed genuinely happy).

Asa: I think you're on to something when you say MJ will not be cool with you because of your friendship with Reza - although she accepted your apology and really didn't do anything to you after that, even after the purse thing. I appreciate you apologizing for saying those things about her and for admitting that you don't even know if it's the truth. So, at least you came clean, and that's worth a lot in my book. I love that you laughed off all the jokes about your ass in that tiny bikini. Hey, that's a normal size ass where I'm from! I don't know what those people were talking about! But, then again, next to Lilly, my ass probably looks like a planet. Ya feel me? Speaking of Lilly, I'm with you. I want to see what's beneath the mask and the facade. Asa's grade for the week: B (you apologized and had a great time but there's still tension with MJ).

Lilly: I've been so on your side all these weeks, but this week, I cannot cosign you on this episode. Wow. How many times can you say you're grossed out? Why the fuck would you take a Birkin to a club? Why are you talking about your thighs and laser treatments and then asking Asa to go with you (that was the real shade)? We get it, you don't like drunk people. But seriously, you should have left Cabo after the second night if that were the case. MJ said on Watch What Happens Live that you USED to party but now you don't because you're on the show. I understand not wanting to be on camera all tipsy, but damn, you set yourself up now. It's just like when the Countess (Luann) started all that etiquette bullshit on RHONY. She painted herself into a corner and then she couldn't be herself. Don't let that happen to you. I like you but I don't ever want to hear you talk about how gross drunk people are ever again. And believe me, having a drink isn't going to make you look bad. It's how you handle it. Lilly's grade for the week: F (it pains me to do this, but you were a total vibe killer this week).

Mike: You made me laugh the entire episode. You were right on the money with your analysis of Lilly and your MJ impression was hilarious. You get the Honorable Mention this week!

What did you think of this episode? Tweet me!