Thursday, January 10, 2013

Mob Wives - Season Premiere

Well, kids, Mob Wives is back, and I feel like a part of me is in Staten Island heaven. Seriously, I love these ladies so much – even the ones I don’t particularly like. Here’s why. They don’t care what anyone thinks of them. They do their own thing and stay true to themselves. Sometimes that gets them into trouble (especially with each other). But it doesn’t matter. The level of personal integrity just makes me happy. What can I say? I love their attitudes and senses of humor.

Now, I won’t be grading anyone because the season just started and besides, the whole season premiere episode was about Carla and Renee anyway. So I’m just going to give my take on this beef between them.

Let’s just put it out there, Renee admitted she is addicted to pills, but she’s dealing with it. From the season preview, it looks like she enters rehab, which is great. I totally applaud her for doing that (if that’s the case and VH1 isn’t playing tricks on me). So, does that justify Carla calling Renee a junkie every five minutes? No. This is what I have a problem with. If Carla was truly concerned about Renee, she wouldn’t address her pill popping in that manner. Carla is only using Renee’s addiction to prove that she’s crazy and can’t be taken seriously. But, we all know Renee is over the top. We all know she exaggerates and blows things out of proportion (it’s kind of what I love about her). I don’t think it’s right for Carla to trivialize Renee’s problem just to discredit her entirely.

Carla may or may not have been with married men and may or may not be a husband stealer. We don’t know. If she is, she’s hidden it pretty well (at least I haven’t stumbled across any evidence). If Renee’s only evidence is this one party and a rumor about Carla and Junior, I’m inclined to not believe it. The truth is, Renee has always had a problem with Carla, including who she dates. They came to blows over Carla’s last boyfriend, for crying out loud. I definitely think Renee needs to take a step back at least until she’s in a better state of mind, and stop judging anyone else’s personal life. If Carla wants to date married men, the karma for that will be enough. No one likes a mistress.

I do want to mention Love Majewski, the newest addition to the Mob Wives cast. I gotta be honest, I’m on the fence with her right now. I’m not a big fan of people who have shot and stabbed other people, but I want to know more about her before I make a decision.

As usual, my girl Drita was a sweet heart and so was my adopted mother (in my head) Big Ang. I even liked what I saw from Karen and Ramona on this episode! By the way, Karen, your hair looks great! I love the new color.

As far as Carla vs. Renee, we’ll have to see where the season takes us, but as of now, I’m not on anyone’s team. I feel like both ladies need to back off and just let each other live, which is sort of what they agreed to at the brunch. And it’ll last all of ten minutes, I imagine! Love you ladies!

What did you think of this episode? Whose team are you on? Tweet me!