Wednesday, November 28, 2012

RuPaul's All Star Drag Race Finale - Hall of FAMAAAH!!!

We've come to the end of the road for Drag Race All Stars, and it was bittersweet for me. There'll be no grades this week, because these ladies are all winners. The Hall of Fame is a great prize, not to mention the money and the MAC and the trip. But, this All Stars season was really a gift to the audience, I think. We love these queens so much and we're so passionate about this show, and to be able to see some of our favorites compete again was a wonderful prize for all of us. I hope another All Stars season is coming soon (after Season 5 and Drag U, of course).

The finale challenge was hilarious, from beginning to end. I couldn't stop smiling the entire time. And Delta Work and Ongina as the drivers was GENIUS! The interview portion was really fun to watch, except when Jujubee kept getting interrupted. Don't feel bad, gurl, that happens to me all the time. Then, the Hamburger Mary's speech - they all did such a good job! And that burger looked deeelish! Then, my most favoritest part of all, the Comedy Store. You may not know this, but I did stand up for a little while not that long ago, and I can tell you from experience, it is one of the hardest things I've ever done. So, I was totally sympathetic to the ladies' jitters before doing their stand up sets. But they all did great and got a lot of laughs.

I have to give Michelle Visage some love, her reactions were everything! She was so focused on everything the gurls were saying - and I could see exactly what she was going to critique them about just by her facial expressions.

And RuPaul's laugh at the Comedy Store GAVE ME LIFE!!!

Cheri Oteri was a great comedy coach. I love her so much! She is one of my favorite SNL ladies :-), and Beth Ditto is so fun and such a delight. What a great pair of guest judges for the finale!

Of course, the winner is Chad, and I'm happy about that. She really shined this season - she dominated challenges and her looks were always on point. I'm sad that Raven didn't win but the truth is, she didn't win a lot of challenges and she just couldn't go above and beyond for whatever reason.

Jujubee didn't take the crown, but I'm sure she is the fan-favorite this season. Her personality and wit makes her such a joy to watch.

Shannel opened up and let us see some of the pain that drives her. That moment when she said she finally realized she was good enough brought tears to my eyes.

All in all, it was a great season, and Chad, the most deserving queen, won the first Hall of Fame spot. But I think there's room on that wall for a few more queens. Jujubee, Raven, and Shannel are all winners and will always be associated with the very first All Stars Drag Race, kinda like a Royal Court of fabulous queens, Drag Race Royalty, if you will.

What did you think of the finale? Tweet me!