Tuesday, November 20, 2012

RHOA - Introducing Porsha

Sunday's RHOA put me in two very different, very opposite moods. On one hand, I was in heaven while watching the New York scenes. In a couple of weeks, it'll be a year since I was there, and I miss it so much. I have never lived there, always just visited, but my heart has always belonged to New York. If you're interested in the backstory, let me know. On the other hand, some of these ladies make me want to take a sledgehammer to my poor old television. Why must some people always find a way to ruin everything?

Let's get to the grades, kids!

Nene: It is so cute to watch Greg try to win you back!! He wants those keys, dammit!! I don't know why, but it doesn't gross me out to see him woo you. I'm not sure why, and I'm not going to apologize for it. Watching you in New York was awesome - not because of you though, no offense. Just New York in general. You know you will probably never take the subway, but Cynthia is right, when you're in New York it's just something you have to experience. At least once! You were being a little snooty in the subway at first but then you met some fans, and I'll be honest. I thought you were going to be short with them. But you weren't! You were friendly and kind and really sweet to them. I guess us Twitter people aren't so bad after all? I'm so happy for all your success, and I think the success has changed you - but for the better. You're in a good place and it shows. You aren't bitter or mean or jealous and I am happy about that. Nene's grade for the week: B (for being happy and busy with her career).

Kim: I've been done with you, but you're still on the show so I have to address you. I am sorry you have to move out of your place and back into the townhouse. Maybe you shouldn't have spent money on landscaping for a house that wasn't yours yet. I'm very glad Kroy taught you how to use the fire extinguisher, he's a good man. Kim's grade for the week: F (because it's nothing but complain, complain, complain with her).

Kandi: We didn't see much of you this week, but I'm so excited to see how your house will look when you're all moved in. Your family members seem so nice and fun to be around. Kandi's grade for the week: N/A.

Phaedra: I would advise you to make Kenya sign all kinds of contracts before you commit to working with her production company. I don't trust her and neither should you. Phaedra's grade for the week: C (because she is not seeing the crazy in Kenya yet and she needs to).

Cynthia: I love love LOVE your enthusiasm about New York. You were a great tour guide and the perfect person to take Nene to see the real New York. And that hot dog looked delicious! I'm so glad you were there with Nene. Cynthia's grade for the week: A (because she was so positive and bubbly this week).

Porsha: Welcome to the madness! I hope you're ready! You did come off as a ditzy girl, but in my book, you redeemed yourself by the end of the episode. You seem like a nice girl who enjoys life and maybe isn't too deep, but is a genuinely good person. I'm not mad at that. You have a great backstory, a lovely family, and you seem really happy with your life. I don't think you're malicious or mean at all. And that's why I know it was an honest mistake when you called Kenya Miss America. You weren't being shady. Your charity event was very nice, from what I saw, but then again, I don't know anything about charity galas. So, I may not be the best critic on that. What I do know is behavior. And you handled Kenya so well. I was standing up applauding you. You didn't need more than one episode to figure out that she's a mess, so you put your foot down right then and there. And that "search engine" line? I was LIVING!!! I like you! Porsha's grade for the week: A (because despite her ditziness, she spotted Kenya's crazy and shut that sh*t DOWN!).

Kenya: You need to get off this show. This show isn't going to be any good for you. What you need is to continue therapy and get yourself together. I am so sorry your mother is suffering from mental illness, and I'm especially sorry that you suffered any kind of pain because of that. But you have to recognize that you are not mentally stable. You said you were hell on wheels before, but what do you think you are now? You fly off the handle for a simple mistake like Porsha saying you were Miss America? It was an honest mistake, and yes, she looked dumb for not saying the right title. You don't have to make it worse by being rude about it. When Porsha's husband came to the charity event with her gift and cake, your face told the story. You're jealous. You're bitter. You're not well. You created a whole scenario in your mind to be angry about and then you acted on it. You left the event and called Porsha names. I cannot condone you being on this show. Unless you go to therapy and show us that you're working on becoming emotionally stable. Kenya's grade for the week: F (because I will not condone her being on this show in her mental state).

What did you think of this episode? Tweet me!