Thursday, November 15, 2012

RHOM - So Familiar

Ok, so I just watched Sunday night's episode of RHOM, so it's fresh in my mind. Wow. This episode was a lot to take in, but I am officially hooked. Nice job, ladies. So, before I forget anything (who am I kidding? I always forget something), let's give out some grades.

Joanna: Listen to Romain!!! Stop drinking!! That was the best advice you could have ever received, and I hope you took it to heart. Although, by the looks of Alexia's dinner and your appearance on Watch What Happens Live, not so much. What a shame. Back to the episode, I think it was good for you and Adriana to shake hands and apologize, but it would have been much better if you both would have been sincere about it. You still feel you did nothing wrong, but by your own admission, you don't remember what you did/said. Again, no more alcohol for you. You kept saying you don't fight but if you did, you would hit Adriana. Just saying that is enough to start another fight! If you could just listen to other people without getting so upset, you may be able to understand where they're coming from. Marysol was talking to Karent, and once again, you had to insert yourself. Karent can defend herself. You really need to stop butting in to conversations that have nothing to do with you. Not surprisingly, I'm still not a big fan of yours. Joanna's grade for Sunday: D (I'll give her credit for showing up to Alexia's and apologizing, but her heart wasn't in it).

Adriana: It was nice to see you show up for Lea and Leroy, and I loved the hat, by the way. I'm glad you and Lea are so close. It's a sweet friendship. What's not so sweet is how you behaved at Alexia's. I like you a lot (I keep saying that because I want you to know that this is coming from a good place), but damn. You need to quit with the sh*t talking. Now, I love shade and reading and all that, but when your friend Alexia puts together a summit dinner to resolve the issues between you ladies, making snide remarks is not what you should be doing. It doesn't matter that Joanna came in a cocktail dress or whatever. You need to keep those thoughts to yourself at that point. Then, you both apologized (and neither of you meant it), but that didn't stop you from leaving in a huff. I gotta call you out on that. Why couldn't you have just cooled off for a moment and stayed for Alexia's sake? I feel that you will never forgive Joanna and no matter what happens, you will continue to bash her. And I can't condone that. I don't even like the girl, but you have to let it go and quit talking sh*t about her. You're keeping that bad blood flowing and it's only going to hurt you in the long run. Adriana's grade for Sunday: D (because she was too busy talking sh*t to really resolve anything).

Lea: I'm so sorry about Leroy. I respect your decision to not bring any additional dogs into the house. I think the pain of losing Leroy was enough to where you never want to feel that again. I don't blame you at all. I think you were great at Alexia's dinner. You were trying to get them to talk like adults but they had already gone too far off track. Lea's grade for Sunday: A (because she showed up to Alexia's dinner and tried to help the ladies communicate).

Alexia: When I watch you on the show, it's weird because I feel like I know you. I've been around Caribbean women all my life so I know every nuance, every gesture, every facial expression. And you were fed the f*ck up with Joanna. And I would have been, too. I think you had great intentions with this dinner, but unfortunately, when people get heated, there's no telling what can happen. It would have been great if there was some real communication happening. But you can't force people to listen to each other. Alexia's grade for Sunday: C (she had a great idea, but when it didn't go so well, she let her frustration get the better of her).

Marysol: I was so happy when you brought up the article, and I thought you were going to have a real conversation with Karent. Apparently not! I wish you could have let her finish speaking, and maybe then you both would have gotten some closure and this issue could have been put to bed. And, I have to read you for talking sh*t with Adriana. Not cool! For Alexia's sake, you both should have just kept it cute and put it on mute (shout out to Trina Braxton). Marysol's grade for Sunday: D (because she messed up at Alexia's dinner).

Lisa: I am so sorry to hear about your miscarriages. I can't even imagine how painful that must be - not only in the moment when you're going through it, but the aftermath as well. And I'm sure you telling your story is going to be a comfort to a lot of women out there. Now, we gotta talk about Daisy. How did you not know about her other procedures? LOL! That moment was priceless. Maybe ask her a few more questions before you agree to give her surgery as a gift next time. But hey, you're a generous boss! I like it! I also liked how you kept your comments to a minimum at Alexia's dinner. You didn't add fuel to the fire but you did try to help at times. I think you could see the situation was out of control and you were better off keeping your mouth shut. Lisa's grade for Sunday: A (she opened up and we got to know her a lot better).

Ana: When you were crying at the office, I really felt for you. It didn't really seem like a big deal to move out of the office, but once I started thinking about it, it made more and more sense. That office was your security blanket and now it's being taken away. But you are gonna be fine. And I'm sure by now, you're glad you let that security blanket go. Your contribution to Alexia's party was definitely explosive, and I'm sure that's exactly what you were going for. I can't say I disagree with what you said about Karent - she is in the middle of all the drama - but it was kind of like throwing a grenade and walking away. Ana's grade for Sunday: C (I get where she's coming from, but she threw Karent under the bus when it wasn't really needed).

Karent: I'm starting to wonder if you're just a real optimist that can't handle confrontation, and that's why you seem so fake to everyone. I mean, you went to Alexia's with good intentions, and when Marysol confronted you, you were about to respond when Joanna decided to step in again. Tell her to stop it! Tell her you can speak for yourself! Why don't you put her in her place? I know you get along with her, but it's ok to tell her to back off. I really like your friendship with Lisa. You two seem to understand each other. I did cringe a little when you started talking about yourself when she was pouring her heart out to you. That's exactly what she didn't want! Oh, and the scene with your mom rubbed me the wrong way. You don't tell your mom she can't have ice cream because she needs to lose weight. No, no, no. That don't fly with me. Karent's grade for Sunday: C (she's still annoying but at least we can see that she may not have bad intentions).

What do you think of this episode? Tweet me!