Wednesday, November 7, 2012

RHOA Season 5 Premiere – Don’t Come for Me

Can I just say how excited I am for this season of Real Housewives of Atlanta? Super excited! I love (most of) these ladies, and I think the additions to the cast will spice this season up for sure. I’m so glad we’re getting away from the same old Nene vs. Kim drama that we’ve been seeing for the past few seasons. (And who else didn’t even notice Sheree was gone? Me too. Shhh!) Although this first episode started off pretty tame, by the end of it, we saw fireworks between Cynthia and Kenya. I was LIVING!!! I cannot wait to see how the season plays out.

Let’s grade these gals, shall we?

Nene: You seem really happy this season! It’s great that you and Greg are focusing on each other (your words) and you’re not actively dating anyone else. I think it’s sweet that Greg is trying to win you back. I don’t know what his motives are, but I think you’re smart enough to know if he’s sincere or not. Congratulations on all your acting successes. Glee and The New Normal are huge accomplishments, and I’m proud of you for pursuing your dream of being an actress. Now, I was upset with you last season for speaking in a not-so-kind manner about your fans (aka “twitter people”), but I’m willing to give you a second chance. Mostly because you’re obviously in a better place personally and professionally, and I think we may get some of that fun Nene back that we fell in love with in season 1. You threw shade at Kim with the trailer comment, but that’s nothing new. You’ve been doing that since season 1. Nene’s grade for the week: C (I’m giving her another chance. She really disappointed me last season.)

Kandi: I’m so happy you’re in love! Todd seems like a great guy! Wishing you nothing but the best!!! On to the drama with Kim and Sweetie. First of all, your house (although it is unfinished – but you openly said that) is gorgeous! With a guest house! You know what that was? Jealousy and bitterness. Kim is PRESSED that you’re doing well. And Sweetie has no right to say anything about your house or what you do with it. Neither of them do, for that matter. You just keep doing your thing and keep your distance from Kim. She has nothing positive to offer you. This friendship is over. And not because of you, by the way. Kandi’s grade for the week: B (because she needs to enjoy this new chapter of her life and cut Kim out of it).

Kim: Although I am happy for all the wonderful things that are happening for you right now, your attitude still sucks. I can’t get over how you go into someone else’s (obviously unfinished) home and sh*t all over it for no reason. It’s her house, she’s your friend. You are supposed to be supportive. And what was with the indoor pool comment? If I were Kandi, I would have thrown you out right then and there. Come on, Kim. Then, you make it all about you and how much you’re CHOOSING to pay to move. You got yourself into a mess leasing that house, and now it’s everyone else’s fault but your own. Kim, please. You need to stop playing the victim while you put everyone else down with your stupid comments. It wasn’t cute on season 1 and it definitely isn’t cute now. Not to mention, talking sh*t about your own parents on national television. Wow. Even if they can’t afford nice things for your kid, why say it on camera? Don’t they deserve a little discretion from you as their daughter? I can’t wait till you quit this show. Amen!!! Kim’s grade for the week: F (for being a sh*tty friend and the most negative person I’ve ever seen).

Phaedra: I respect your hustle, but that veterinarian had no use for you in her office. I honestly can’t wait to see how you do a doggie funeral (and I know people who would pay for one), so I’m not hating. I just think it’s hilarious how you always try to play the part of this professional woman, but somehow, something just isn’t quite right about it and it never goes the way it’s supposed to. Can we say “awkward”? The scene with the kids riding their little tricycles was super cute. Aiden is a doll! Phaedra’s grade for the week: C (because she’s alright, but she still has that fake-ness about her that I don’t like).

Cynthia: I love you so much this season! I’ve always liked you but now, I love you. You put Kenya in her place while she was disrespecting those girls at your school. I am so glad you said something and it’s going to be delicious watching you two go at it. If anyone still thought you were a push-over, they better think again. You are proving that you have a backbone and a voice. I will be living for your shade towards Kenya, and I don't care what anyone says about that. Keep standing up for yourself, hun! The scene with Peter and Leon was a little less enjoyable for me, only because I didn’t feel that scene really had a purpose on the show, other than showing everyone on the same page except you. Which I found to be a little unflattering to you. But you are Noelle’s mom, and I’m sure you’re doing what’s best for her no matter what. Cynthia’s grade for the week: A (because she stood up for herself, her school, and her assistant and I loved every second of it).

Kenya: Well, you certainly made an impression. Too bad it was a terrible one. Besides talking about “bling”, and besides saying you always get what you want, and besides talking about how you’re an actor/producer/author/director/hustler/model/former Miss USA (that I’ve never heard of before this show), besides all of that … what made you unlikable was your attitude and your behavior. That made you ugly, which I know is the one thing you don’t want to be. But the inner you is not pretty. And that ugliness came through loud and clear when you disrespected Cynthia, her school, her assistants, Jet magazine, and the girls who were auditioning. Exactly who are you, Kenya, to tell anyone “what are you doing here?” at an open call? It’s an open call. That’s the whole point, is for people who aren’t signed to an agency to come and audition. You could have shown the girls that you, a former Miss USA, could still be an inspiration to them, but you tore them down instead. I don’t like you, and quite frankly, I don’t think you like yourself very much. Get some help with that, but not on camera. I’m not here for you in the slightest. Kenya’s grade for the week: F (quite possibly the worst debut episode for a cast member in Housewives history).

What did you think of this episode? Tweet me!