Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Remember One Thing

Hello, again! Please forgive the delay - I didn't forget about my Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, this week has just been extremely hectic.

Let's get right into it. First things first. Russell. His brief appearance in this week's show was very uncomfortable and unsettling. I'm wondering if it'd be better to just cut him out of the show entirely. However, his accusations against Lisa are a big part of the storyline. For the record, I do not believe Lisa has anything to do with the tabloid stories. She just doesn't strike me as that kind of person. And as Kyle pointed out, many many people knew about Taylor and Russell's marital problems. I do, however, agree with Russell's lawyer when he says if they sue the magazine, the source will be revealed. He didn't say he would sue Lisa - he said the magazine. So, when Kyle asks if she's next, the answer is no. Unless she's the source, which I highly doubt. Bottom line, people plant stories all the time, sometimes about other people, and sometimes about themselves. Taylor opened the door for us to look inside her marriage the day she signed up for this show. Unfortunately, it's a story that has a very sad ending.

Kyle's mother in law's facelift was painful to watch for me. I hate needles, scalpels, and pretty much anything hospital-related, so I had to turn away. Kyle broke down after seeing Estella bandaged up, which I totally understood, because I would have reacted the exact same way.

Taylor's plans for Kennedy's 5th birthday party are rolling right along, and we get to see her pick out a $2,000 cake for the event. Awesome! I'm sorry, but all a 5 year old needs is some friends and a Costco sheetcake. That's it. But, apparently, not in Beverly Hills. I actually like the theme, though. A ranch/cowboy/county fair theme sounds pretty fun and age appropriate, so I give Taylor credit for that.

We get to meet Kim's beau, Ken. He seems nice, but there's just something about him I don't trust. I can't really put my finger on it, but I don't have a good feeling about this. On the up side, Kim seems really calm and relaxed with him, so mazel.

Lisa prepares for Pandora's engagement party, and I'm just going to say it again: Lisa, please adopt me. I swear I'll be the perfect adopted 29-year-old daughter. Just saying. I love how Lisa and Pandora interact. You can really see and hear the love they have for each other. That's very rare nowadays. Lisa receives a call from Kim saying she can't come to the party (is anyone surprised?), and begs her to come for a drink. Now, I know everyone is probably ready to nail Lisa for this but it really sounded like she just blurted it out without thinking. Like a figure of speech. Just come for one drink, meaning just come for a couple of minutes. That's how I took it. Thankfully, Kim declined and disaster was averted.

Lisa gives Pandora an exquisite custom made necklace and locket. It totally reminded me of the one in the movie "Annie", only bigger and with diamonds all over it. I love the engraving on it, too. Can you feel the love? You should! I also love that Ken gave Jason an amazing watch from his own collection. I really love this family.

The engagement party was beyond spectacular. First, the belly dancers with snakes and a camel outside. So awesome. I really loved the decor. There's something about Bravo and a Moroccan theme, am I right? Everything looked amazing. The only thing I didn't like was the mermaid doing her little one woman show by the pool. Um, not so much. Camille's face was priceless.

Inside, Adrienne gets probably the ugliest airbrush tattoo I've ever seen. Come on, Adrienne, a band around your bicep? You have better taste than that!

I loved the crazy acrobat dancers at this party. They were hysterical. And I really loved Kyle jumping in and doing her gymnastics. This is the fun Kyle we love. Oh and Taylor had to horn in and lift up her leg. Boo.

What did you think of this episode? Let me know! Tweet me!