Thursday, August 2, 2012

Middle of Somewhere

This week's Real Housewives of New Jersey was far less infuriating than last week's, for sure. There were still moments of irritating behavior, mind you - we ARE talking about the New Jersey cast, after all. But so far, they're taking my advice (I know they filmed this last year, I'm being facetious) and trying to get along in the great outdoors in California. I don't even really mind that none of them know how to rough it - I'm not an outdoorsey person myself. It was hilarious to see them buy up the whole supplies store (decorations!), though. I do have to clarify that to my knowledge you park your RV in the parking lot, and set up camp nearby, right? That's what you're supposed to do? Like I said, not outdoorsey. But, let's get into the episode without any further ado.

Teresa: I'm starting with you because I'm glad you talked to Kathy and Melissa and played nice with everyone. I'm starting to think you're really trying, which is great. I'm not so sure you're going to be able to patch things up with Jacqueline - but I guess we'll see what happens in the coming episodes. Your reaction to the RV experience was definitely annoying. I think it's not such a great idea to tell your fellow RV'ers that you hate the place that you - and they - are RV'ing. But I could be wrong. The whining was over the top, even for you. The scene on the beach with Melissa was actually really great, because it seemed like you truly listened to Melissa and got all your frustrations out. You essentially blame Caroline for the demise of your friendship with Jacqueline. Fine. Understandable. Now, leave all that "in the past" (your favorite expression) and don't harp on it. But, I have a serious warning for you - be careful what you say in your interviews/confessionals. Those interviews have a way of undermining any progress you're making while filming, which many other 'Wives can attest to. Teresa's grade for the week: C (because she did good with her cast mates, but her whining was too much).

Jacqueline: I appreciate that you gave Teresa credit for being nice on the trip. And I think you really wanted to patch things up with her at this point in the trip. We'll see how it all unfolds. But for now, you were cool on this episode. I like seeing you happy. Jacqueline's grade for the week: A (for having fun on the trip so far).

Kathy: I loved your conversation with Teresa about the cookies - and I'm so glad that case is closed once and for all. I'm glad you're so into the trip and having fun with it. And by the way, I thought that hat in the supply store was cute! Now, about Richie, he's definitely a wild man and he needs to cover up a little more, if you know what I mean! OMG! How many boners can we fit into one episode? Ridiculous. I guess it's a good sign that you and Richie are still frisky with each other. Not all of your cast mates can say the same. Just saying. Kathy's grade for the week: A (because I love her).

Caroline: I am so glad you told Kathy to not let your issues with Teresa interfere with them getting close again. Good for you. But, I have to point out that when Chris and Jacqueline were talking about reconciling with Teresa, you were right there to say that people need to admit to "their wrongs". It's really not your decision what Jacqueline does, and even though what you said is totally right, you should probably stay far, far away from Jacqueline and Teresa's friendship. Caroline's grade for the week: C (because she needs to apply the same logic she has with Kathy to Jacqueline).

Melissa: You certainly looked like you were having fun on this episode! I loved seeing you and Teresa bond - on the beach, in the RV, touching boobs, whatever. Although the whining in stereo was a little off putting, I must say. I can appreciate that you were trying to put on a nice face for the other RV'ers but not long before that, you had been less than kind about the parking lot/RV camp as well. But nice try. I'm so glad you talked to Teresa on the beach. You two walked away looking like friends, which was really nice to see. I think you've learned how to adapt to Teresa and maybe you're one of the few people who can get through to her. I think that's great. Melissa's grade for the week: B (for being nice to Teresa and having a good time with her).

And just so you know I'm fair, the Manzo kids whined too much on this episode, too! But Greg is still my favorite.

What did you think of this episode? Tweet me!