Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Only When Convenient

I was pretty irritated after watching this week's Real Housewives of New York, partly because my eyes will never recover from Ramona booty popping on that table and my ears are still hurting from Luann talking about masturbating. Jeez Louise, ladies! Did someone at Bravo ask the OGs to ratchet it up or what? I don't watch RHONY for this! I'm supposed to see good old fashioned digs and gossiping, for crying out loud. In my Sarah Winchester voice: "Is this the world we live in?!" Sadly, yes. So let's get into the episode, shall we?

Luann: I'm keeping it short with you because I cannot WAIT to see you deny that you brought a strange man back to your vacation home with you in St. Bart's. Sacre bleu! As I mentioned before, I don't ever need to hear about your private moments ever again. Enough said. But I did like how you were getting along with Ramona. Not sure it'll last, though. Oh and the outfits you tried on at the store were really nice. Points for that. Luann's grade for the week: C (because she was ok in this episode, but a little TMI for me).

Ramona: If I were that taxi driver, I would have pulled over and kicked you out after the third time you said to write the address down. Um, seriously?! If you're so high maintenance, why not have a driver? Why not drive yourself? It makes no sense!! I was really annoyed with you this whole episode. I hope it's menopause or hormones or something because your level of irritating is off the charts. Although I did appreciate you trying to calm Sonja down when Aviva was giving her that (well deserved) smackdown. And it was nice of you to donate to the charity in lieu of you being at the event. Now, one question. Is the doctor's appointment we saw the same one that prevented you from going to the event? Or did the editors just conveniently put it together so it appeared that way? Ramona's grade this week: C (because she's getting more and more annoying as the season goes on).

Sonja: I'm not sure how to feel about you breaking down about your dog at lunch. Really, all you should have said was, "My dog is very ill and I thought it was better for me to take him to his appointment just in case it was serious. However, I'm sorry I did not go to your event, I know it was important to you, and I'm sorry." Done! End of discussion! I really don't know why you felt it was necessary to go on and on about it. And if Aviva was asking you to explain, you should have politely told her you didn't want to talk about it because it's a sensitive subject for you. Anyway, I'm just saying it really didn't need to be blown so far out of proportion. I mean, bottom line is, you didn't go to her event and her feelings were hurt. Your reasons for not going are valid, by all means. Sonja's grade for the week: C (because she had a meltdown and at the time, it was unnecessary).

Carole: I love that you're able to diffuse a tense situation, such as the lunch with Aviva, Ramona, and Sonja. That skill is going to take you far on this show. You're still the fan favorite, no secret there! The scene where Aviva's charity gave Jake his running legs was so great, and it was nice that you were there and you appreciated that experience. It just shows you have substance. You supported Aviva's cause because you truly cared about the kids. I did think it was hilarious when you said you hate to work out. You are lucky! Because you have an amazing body for someone who doesn't work out ... ok I'm jealous. Now, I don't know why it doesn't bother me to hear you talk about your love life, but I can't stand to hear Luann talk about hers. I don't have any kind of point to make, I'm just saying ... anyway, I can't wait to see how you react to all the craziness in St. Bart's. Carole's grade for the week: A (because she's awesome!)

Heather: I'm proud of you for sticking to your guns, but let's be real, you said "your crazy wife" to Mario about Ramona. Own it! Anyway, it was great of you to show up for Aviva, despite your little tiff about Ramona/Jacques. I think you two should be friendly because you really don't have a reason not to be. Ramona shouldn't be a factor at all. Heather's grade for the week: B (for not backing down to Ramona, even though she did call her crazy, but then again who hasn't?)

Aviva: I totally understand why you were so upset with Sonja and Ramona for not coming to your event. But here's what. Are you really that surprised? Let's be real. Sonja and Ramona are pretty much all about themselves. I just don't see them bending over backwards for ANYONE. And you're probably right, if it was a party with wine flowing, yeah, they probably would have been there. That's just more their speed. But, you definitely shouldn't take it personally that they didn't show up. It has much more to do with them (and their selfishness, let's be honest) than it does with you and your charity. That's why they couldn't understand why you were so hurt by them not coming. To them, it wasn't that big of a deal. Now, once you started grilling them (which I loved), then they had to defend themselves. Ramona made a nice gesture by giving you a check, and Sonja, well, started crying about her dog. It is what it is. Now you know, certain people will not come through for you unless it's convenient for them. Your charity, One Step Ahead, is amazing and the world is now seeing the great work that you're doing for child amputees. That's the most important thing right there. Let's move on to the fear of flying thing. It's common! A lot of people are afraid of flying. And it's your choice whether or not to go on this trip. By the looks of the previews, you probably would have had a better time back in New York. Aviva's grade for the week: B (because I'm glad she called Ramona and Sonja out, but she shouldn't have taken their absence from her event personally).

What did you think of this episode? Tweet me!