Thursday, August 2, 2012

The L Word

This week's Love and Hip Hop Atlanta was really, really good. I was very satisfied with all the drama and the storylines, although I still feel some are manufactured, they're all coming along really well. I'm glad this show is expanding to more topics than just Joseline and Stevie J (still Creepy as Hell J). Not that it isn't a major plotline, because it is, I'm just glad there's more going on with everyone else. And we're seeing it all unfold, which I love. Let's jump right in, shall we?

Mimi: After the therapy session, all I can say is, now I get it. I finally see where you're coming from and why you continue to let that man back into your life. My hope for you is that after watching the show, you're able to see him for what he really is - not the family man he's promising to be - and move on. You can co-parent with him, but you don't have to subject yourself to more lies in the future. And how much do I love Dr. Jeff Gardere??? He is amazing!! Love him!! Mimi's grade for the week: C (for going to therapy and opening up, but I'm afraid she's still too close to that man).

Rasheeda: I think you're absolutely right to want to separate your marriage from your business. Your husband cannot carry this workload anymore. So, yes, someone else does need to come in and get things moving in the right direction. I'm totally Team Rasheeda on this one. Rasheeda's grade for the week: A (because she's trying to do right by her career and her marriage, and I respect that).

Erica: We didn't see you on this episode, but we did see Scrappy and Shay/Buckey. Enough said. I'm sorry, but it's not your problem that Scrappy wanted to manipulate the child support system. He should be giving you child support. End of discussion. Team Erica all the way. Erica's grade for the week: A (for taking care of her business, and not being drunk in a pool hall somewhere).

Joseline: I really don't understand the love/hate relationship you have with Creepy J, but I think you love the fact that he tries to control you. Maybe that's due to the childhood you had. I honestly feel sorry for you at times, because I feel like you're trying to liberate yourself from certain things (da stricklub) by shackling yourself to others (the studio). Either way, you're someone's property. I hope you can see one day that being under any man's thumb is no way to live. Joseline's grade for the week: D (for still playing into Stevie J's bullsh*t).

Karlie: Your entire storyline seems way too fake for me, but I'll go ahead and comment on it. Your management doesn't want you dating Benzino. I say, go for it because that's the most noteworthy thing you've done that I can think of. Controversy is going to be your best friend, honey, because we haven't heard not one track of yours on the show. So get it together. And Benzino's right. You're not that hot right now anyway. Karlie's grade for the week: F (for being fake).

K.Michelle: I liked seeing you on a date this week! I thought that was really cute. Hopefully we'll see how things play out with whats-his-name. I still really like you! K.Michelle's grade for the week: A (because she's cool).

I have to shout out Kevin (TheSkorpion) and Makael (Makael86) from The Skorpion Show for asking some amazing questions to the cast of Love and Hip Hop Atlanta just this past week. Check it out here, and make sure to follow them on Twitter and subscribe to their YouTube channel. They are the best!!

What did you think of this episode? Tweet me!