Thursday, August 2, 2012

Too Much

This week's Real Housewives of New York was gag-inducing. I almost turned it off a couple of times. I'm all for bawdy humor and naughty jokes, but man, this was not enjoyable for me at all. For those of you who didn't see it, thank your lucky stars. Some of the ladies were in Miami with Aviva and her ... less than charming dad, George. And Ramona was on one! I've traveled with people who drove me nuts before, but this was something else entirely. So let's get into the episode before I lose my nerve (or my lunch).

Ramona: Thank you for showing us all why no one should ever travel with you ever. Your brand of crazy just intensifies with travel, I'm guessing. Better you stay in the Tri-State area, or better yet, on Manhattan proper. And I was so annoyed with you and the leg - Aviva's to be exact. Why in the world were you so concerned with it? Did you not get the memo that Aviva is not into drawing attention to the leg? I hate seeing you like this. Last season you were one of my favorites, but now ... I'm just disappointed. I will say, you know how to have fun and party it up, which I guess is positive. Not sure about the bathing suit and minidress, but hey, not my problem. You do have an amazing figure, so far be it from me to tell you to cover it up. I do feel your friendship with Sonja is genuine, and Sonja's right, there's no filter big enough in the world for your mouth. You do say what's on your mind, for better or for worse, and that's why we still put up with you. Ramona's grade for the week: D (for the whining and for not shutting up about the goddamn leg).

Aviva: I love you, but your dad is too much for me. I won't even talk about all the wrong things that came out of that man's mouth. Bottom line, you're basically a saint at this point. I do want to congratulate you on the shade you threw at Ramona's bathing suit! That was some good shade and I love me some good shade. However, you shouldn't try matchmaking again any time soon. Sonja and your dad did not mesh at all. I say call up the Love Broker and let her take care of it. And did he really say "fememorone"? All in all, you kept your cool, which I wouldn't have been able to do, so you get major points in my book. And I don't think you set out to exclude anyone, but I would like to know how the trip came about and why it wasn't mentioned to Heather/Luann? Aviva's grade for the week: A (for putting up with all of that crazy).

Carole: Still the sanest person on the show. And the coolest. You were smart to leave Miami early, although, Miami is amazing and I probably would never want to leave ever. And I love Ranjana. What an amazing woman! If some of the ladies would have stopped yapping long enough to listen to her, they could have learned a lot. I think you were right to talk to Luann about the whole dress thing. If you got a weird vibe from it, it's better to just get it out there. You already have tension with her (because she pretty much created it), so you definitely have a right to say what's on your mind. Besides, you were calm about it and totally open to hearing her side. Carole's grade for the week: A (for handling the situation with Luann gracefully).

Sonja: I really think you play to whoever is around, so if you're with Ramona, you two are the Bopsy twins all of a sudden. Then, when you're with Luann, you're very "dahling". Just something I noticed. I wasn't surprised that Aviva's dad wasn't your cup of tea and if I were you, I would have slapped him a couple of times. But he probably would have liked that, so never mind. I mean, when you have to tell someone they're being inappropriate, that's bad! You were definitely not having any of his antics, but you weren't mean about it, which I'm sure Aviva appreciated. I have to say - you understand Ramona better than anyone else and that's why your friendship is real. So mazel for that. Sonja's grade for the week: B (for dealing with Mr. Handsy better than I would have).

Luann: I really don't know what you did or did not ask for from Carole's friend, but something about it wasn't right. I mean, she felt the need to bring it up to you, and she's not a drama queen, so there had to have been something wrong there. I appreciate that you explained the situation and all, but you looked very uncomfortable and almost taken aback by the whole thing. I don't think you know what to make of Carole. You just know you want her on your side, and I don't blame you! Luann's grade for the week: C (for answering for the dress debacle).

Heather: I was going to be very snide about your date night and your caviar but now that I think about it, good for you! I'm the last person to begrudge someone a nice dinner with their husband to celebrate all their hard work. I may not be a fan of yours, but dammit, enjoy that caviar to the fullest. And in all sincerity, I don't think Aviva purposely didn't invite you to Miami. I just didn't get that impression. Heather's grade for the week: B (because she's doing her own thing and I do respect that).

What did you think of this episode? Tweet me!