Thursday, June 28, 2012

You're Uninvited

Well, everyone, keep your arms and legs inside the car at all times, because we are in full-fledged Ramonacoaster mode! This week's Real Housewives of New York was kind of a throwback to seasons gone by when it was all about parties and being on the right guest list. It reminded me so much of Jill and Ramona's big blow ups back in the first season in the Hamptons. Not much has really changed, I guess. I have to say, I'm happy things are getting interesting. I'm definitely going to keep watching.

Let's break it down!

Heather: I will give you one thing, when you make a decision, you stick to it. There was no way Ramona was going to get invited to London. In a way, I respect that, because it means you're not easily swayed. I still don't think you've been around long enough to have that kind of attitude (see my last RHONY blog), but hey, I guess it is what it is. If I were you, though, I'd check myself before I wreck myself. Holla! Heather's grade for the week: C (for sticking to her guns, but I don't think she's making the right moves).

Luann: You are the queen of trying to influence people, so I just think it's hilarious that you're so worried about Ramona having some kind of hold on Sonja. You're just pissed she's not under YOUR spell. Let's be clear on that. I didn't like how you were so overjoyed that Heather didn't invite Ramona to London. Isn't that poor etiquette? I just have a problem with you fighting so hard to get people on your side this season. I mean, you've always been that way, but damn. It really isn't that serious! You should just be happy you're still on the show, for Christ's sake! Why do you have to practically recruit people to be against Ramona with you? It's very strange. Luann's grade for the week: F (because she's so intent on destroying Ramona, it's sad).

Aviva: Please tell me Mario didn't really ruin the surprise about the ring you're buying for your husband. That would be really terrible. I thought it was funny when you had Heather hold your hand in the elevator. Some people were bothered by it, but seriously, I'll take a girl with some phobias over a raging egomaniac any day ... fill in the blank there. The whole gift bag thing with Ramona was a little catty - but I see your point. It was a nice gift bag, though, and you can always re-gift the products if you don't want to use them. You're still cool with Ramona at this point in the show's storyline, but we all know it's not going to last. I like that you went to bat for Ramona this week, because it shows you really liked her at first and whatever your problem is with her now  - it isn't because of someone else's influence. I think it's good you're not going to London, by the way. I see it as a coincidental symbol of solidarity with Ramona. I want to know what goes down between you two and what prompts you to call her white trash?! Aviva's grade for the week: B (for just being herself and for kindly defending Ramona).

Carole: I loved the scene with you and your friend at Occupy Wall Street, not to mention that you got your arm painted. I think we see that adventurous side of you and get to know you a little better in this episode. Still the coolest Housewife on the show by far. I can see you getting along with everyone - and that's a great place to be in on this show. You can just jump from party to party and have a good time, because I think you realize that none of this is that important. You're not concerned with gossip (that much), and even if you do talk about someone (like Heather), it's not anything terribly mean. You said she talks a lot. She does. It's not the end of the world. Maybe it's because you've seen real suffering that you can see this petty stuff for what it is. And you just don't let it get to you. You should teach a class. Carole's grade for the week: A (for taking all of this as seriously as needed: no more, no less).

Sonja: First of all, if you wake up looking like that, I'm the Queen of Spain. And second, it's not that hard to record an outgoing message. Some of this stuff you do just seems so rehearsed. I don't like it. However, you are right about the whole Ramona/Heather thing. It's Heather's choice to invite or not invite whoever she wants. It's not your fault that Ramona wasn't invited. I think if you had told Ramona from the beginning: "Look, I'm invited to this trip and I'm going. I realize it wasn't very nice of Heather to not invite you. I'm really sorry if this hurts you but I want to go on the trip. It isn't my place to invite you along. And I don't have a problem with Heather, so I don't see why I shouldn't go. I'm still your friend and I still care about you", or something to that effect, Ramona would not have been so upset with you. You have to understand, she just felt left out - which she was. You could have been a little preemptive and saved yourself a lot of heartache. But, then again, you stood Ramona up for lunch on purpose to hang with Luann. So are you really stuck in the middle? Or do you want out of the friendship with Ramona? Either way, just say it to Ramona's face and get it over with. I don't think it was cool of you to ditch Ramona for Luann. So not cool. Sonja's grade this week: D (for not telling Ramona that she didn't want to have lunch, then not giving her a heads up about London).

Ramona: I don't agree with you yelling at Sonja at her party and throwing a fit like a child. That was terrible. However, I can see where your frustration is coming from. You're used to Sonja behaving a certain way and she threw you for a loop with this London thing. The truth is, your beef is with Heather, not Sonja. And of course, Pinot had to be involved. You can't yell "Pinot on my head" without people calling you a drunk, ok? You have to know that. I thought it was nice of you to have a drink with Heather, and I could see you were just dying to ask her about London. However, this girl Heather is a totally different species than what you're used to. She didn't budge, she didn't waver. She wouldn't even let you call her your acquaintance. I think it's best for you and Heather to stay civil from afar. Just treat her like you treat Luann, really. Because you're not going to get anything from her. Don't waste your time. Ramona's grade for the week: F (for trying so hard to get invited to London, then taking it out on Sonja).

What did you think of this episode? Tweet me!