Thursday, June 28, 2012

Time To Go

Hello, kids! I'm going to jump right into the latest Real Housewives of New Jersey because, let's face it, it was a doozey of an episode. Lots of drama and lots to talk about. I must say that all of this fighting needs to get resolved or else I probably won't watch next season. The reunion should be the last that we hear about all of this foolishness. I suggest bringing on a couple of new cast members who aren't related to any of the current Housewives. Just some new blood to get things going in a different (and hopefully, more fun direction). Just my opinion! Anyway, this week, Teresa made progress with Kathy, Melissa, and her brother, and Jacqueline essentially went off the deep end. I think I've made sense of everything (in my mind), so hold on tight, it's gonna be a windy road through Jersey ...

Kathy: I think you were very sweet to Teresa during your ladies lunch. It was nice of you to keep things on a positive note with her. I understand why you were cautious in your interviews regarding Teresa's motives, because, let's face it - it is kind of convenient that now that she and Jacqueline are not on good terms, Teresa is all of a sudden willing to go above and beyond with you. I say, keep your eyes open but also, embrace Teresa. She does need a friend, and it should be you. I think she can learn a lot from you. I don't have a problem with you being friends with Caroline and Jacqueline while mending things with Teresa. As long as none of them try to influence you against the other, there shouldn't be a problem. You can be a good friend to all of them. Kathy's grade for the week: A (because she's still being a positive influence on Teresa, and I appreciate that).

Melissa: Congrats on the success of "On Display"! And I do love that you and Joe Gorga will take any excuse to have a party. My kind of peeps! I have to commend you for coming clean about talking to Danielle. I'm not saying you had a good reason or anything, but you told the truth and you took responsibility for your mistake. I think you knew all along that it was going to come out eventually, anyway. But I give you credit for being honest with Teresa when she asked you about it. Now, I think you need to quit making comments like "Teresa never tweets me", because stuff like that is just unnecessary. We know who you're dealing with. Teresa is selfish and doesn't really reach out to other people unless it's convenient for her. Got it. Now, let's agree to not talk about it anymore. If you're going to make things better, don't sweat the small stuff. Or in this case, the stuff that always happens and will never ever change because it's pointless to keep bringing it up. Melissa's grade for the week: B (because she told the truth and took responsibility for her actions).

Caroline: I don't know how I feel about you right now. On one hand, your reasoning about not wanting to be around Teresa makes perfect sense. I can even see why you would tell Melissa and Kathy - so they know not to put you and Teresa together any time soon or to avoid any misconceptions about why you're not friends with Teresa anymore. I get that. But there's something about your demeanor that just isn't right. I'm wondering if it's the "change" like I thought before, or maybe just a deep-rooted anger and animosity towards Teresa, but this show isn't good for you. I think this should be your last season. Really, there's nothing really keeping you on the show now. It feels like you're done. We can sense it. So, it's not fun to watch you on the show anymore. Please don't take it the wrong way, but man ... if you're over it, we're over it. Caroline's grade for the week: D (because I don't want to watch someone who's so obviously over being on this show).

Teresa: I will give you credit for: 1) agreeing to go to therapy, 2) having a civil conversation with Melissa about her talking to Danielle, and 3) having a great lunch with Kathy. Now, if you can keep going in this direction, I feel like only good things will happen. I honestly don't care what your motives are. Therapy is going to help you communicate better, be more self-aware, and help you to see things as they truly are. The truth is, you kind of live in a fantasy world (TeresaLand), where everyone and everything is about you. But, that's not the real world. I think you have a long way to go when it comes to interpersonal relationships. I think you need to start empathizing with other people and practice seeing things from other people's perspectives. And I'm saying this to you coming from a good place. I did not like your conversation with Jacqueline at all because both of you had your walls up. Both of you were defensive and it was a waste of time. Granted, you left her alone and she sought you out. She found you and started the conversation. I really want you to be able to see where she was coming from - the anger and the hurt she was feeling over you - because maybe your heart will soften a little. Not now, but a few years down the road, I think you'll look back on this and wish you did things differently. I just want to address your husband for a second: Joe Giudice, I'm sure you're a real nice guy and all, but you're a real dick and you don't have the first clue about how resolve conflict. Oh, and Teresa, you definitely do not write your blog. This week you used the term "Nair and Napalm". If you don't know how to say the word "ingredients", you definitely can't come up with analogies like that. WHO IS YOUR GHOST WRITER??? Whoever it is, you should fire them because it's been really negative lately, and it's not helping you. Teresa's grade for the week: C (because she took positive steps with her family, but the conversation with Jacqueline was a bust, and her blogs have been horrible lately).

Jacqueline: You say you're impulsive and that's why you went to talk to Teresa. Honestly, I think you're a glutton for punishment in a way. You wanted to make Teresa understand your side of things once and for all, and big surprise, it didn't work. You know who you're dealing with here. Teresa isn't going to budge. Maybe it was the drinks that made you think you were going to get through to her, but it ended up making things worse. I believe you did have a major meltdown about the conversation with Teresa at your house, which we saw last week. I don't think you should have gone to Melissa's party at all. You needed space and peace and calm so you could see things clearly. Then, after some time had passed, then you could have possibly had another conversation with Teresa. But unfortunately, you went and the conversation was horrible. It was like you had so much to prove in that moment. You were going to change Teresa right then and there! Wrong! Teresa is not your problem. She never was. I think you're like me, in the sense that you feel a responsibility to care for and about your friends. Even when they don't want you to. Teresa wanted youto only care about the things that she told you. She wasn't banking on the fact that you'd take into consideration ALL of the other things - magazines, gossip, etc - that were floating around. I don't think you're crazy, but you definitely went overboard at the party. Your blog pretty much sums up your reasoning for everything, and I get where you're coming from. It may be time to say goodbye to this show, especially if it's going to affect you like this. Jacqueline's grade for the week: D (for seeking Teresa out at the party when she wasn't in the right frame of mind aka having a breakdown).

What did you think of this episode? Tweet me!