Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Speechless

There were a lot of great family dynamics on the Real Housewives of New Jersey this week, but of course, a certain someone and her idiot husband had to ruin it for everyone. Sorry if that makes me "biased", but I'm sorry. You couldn't PAY me to be on a bus with Joe and Teresa Giudice for an hour. Never in a million years. Lucky for me, that'll never happen. But let's get back into the episode. This week, we saw Rosie have a wonderful moment with her niece and nephew, the Giudice kids were hilarious as always, and Caroline's brother Jaime prepares for his wedding. Get caught up here.

Jacqueline: I can see you inching farther and farther away from Teresa in every episode. It's painful to watch, really. But, I'm just waiting to see what finally snaps between you two. As for the Ashley situation, I'm not surprised she didn't come through on her promises while staying with her dad. It's sad. I just hope she's grown up by now. If not, I can't imagine how exhausted you must be over this situation. Jacqueline's grade for the week: C (because she's hanging back and observing still, and I'm waiting for her to finally erupt).

Melissa: I loved that you supported Joe Gorga in asking Teresa to go to therapy. I'm not privy to your intentions or motivations for doing so, but I thought it was a nice gesture. You and Joe Gorga seemed to have a blast at Kathy and Richie's beach house. And for this occasion, your outfit was perfect. I thought you were a lot of fun on this episode. I do think your "acting" needs work (haunted house? horror movie? Um, no). Melissa's grade for the week: A (because she was having a great time and not causing problems).

Caroline: You should just get a tattoo on your forehead that says "OVER IT". Because you are. I'm starting to think this show isn't for you anymore. You can barely contain your feelings for Teresa and Joe Giudice. Not that I blame you. I had a migraine after watching those bus scenes. So, believe me, I get it. I do have to give you credit for not blurting out anything hurtful, but you're going to hit your limit soon, I can tell. And when you do, it's not going to be pretty. Now, for the whole Dina mess - I really don't understand it. Teresa and Dina are friends and so Dina's taking Teresa's side against you and doesn't want to be around you. Odd. Something doesn't add up. Hopefully we'll get clarification as the season moves on. Caroline's grade for the week: C (because she's barely holding it together at this point).

Kathy: You definitely are the hostess with the mostest. Your parties are now the stuff of Housewives legend. All I'll say is, Rosie got more than she bargained for with your friend. I love me some Rosie. The talk she had with your kids was very emotional, as was your interview about her coming out. I think it's great your kids love their aunt for who she is - and everything else is secondary to that. I love your family. Kathy's grade for the week: A (because she's a real sweetheart, and I like that).

Teresa: Please tell me you go to therapy with your brother. Here, let me suggest a few topics for your therapy sessions. (1. Communication skills. (2. Sensitivity training. (3. Forgiveness. I could go on and on and on. But seriously, let's cut to the chase. You were making an effort to be friendly with Caroline on the bus - awesome! I mean it! I loved that. Unfortunately, she wasn't having it. Not your problem, though. You tried. I loved that you were so nice and friendly with Caroline's brother Jaime. I could see that he was genuinely happy to see you - great! You're doing good so far! It started to fall apart when - you guessed it - Joe Giudice got into the mix. His comment to Gregg was not only insensitive and insulting, it was completely inappropriate. There is no excuse for that kind of "joke". The look on Gregg's face said it all. It wasn't funny, and you were laughing your head off. I don't care if it was a nervous laugh or whatever. You could have heard a pin drop on that bus - that's how not funny that joke was. But let me guess, Joe was kidding, Gregg shouldn't have taken it personally, blah blah blah. Whatever. I hate to say this - but as a wife, I think it's your responsibility to either tell Joe he's being inappropriate or just DON'T BRING HIM AROUND THIS GROUP ANYMORE. The previews of his behavior for next week already have me with knots in my stomach. Teresa's grade for the week: C (because she was really trying to get along with everyone, but she lets Joe ruin everything).

On a side note, Jaime, can you design my dream house and my dream wedding??? I can't wait to see the wedding next week, and congratulations on everything!!!

What did you think of this episode? Tweet me!