Thursday, June 21, 2012

Holla!

How I forgot to talk about Heather's tagline, I will never know. Let's chalk it up to being a scatterbrain. Now, the Real Housewives of New York this week was pretty entertaining. A lot of really funny moments - some more awkwardly funny, but hey I'll take it. This one is gonna be brief. If you want me to address something - or if I missed something - please let me know and I'll address it on Twitter.

Heather: I think you are a very capable businesswoman, and all of your advice to Sonja was great. However, you're too new to this game to be cut-throat. You are supposed to invite EVERYONE on these trips. You need to have at least two full seasons under your belt before you start excluding people. And I have to say, I think I know what it is that rubs me the wrong way about you. You are way too cocky and way too new. What I mean is, you have this attitude, like people are supposed to move out of the way for you. Like, Here comes Heather!, but we don't know you. You haven't given us a chance to warm up to you. It's like you've been shoved down our throats. And you say "Holla" in your tagline without realizing that it sounds phonier than Kim Zolciak's voice on "Tardy for the Party". I'm just saying, know your role. You're a newbie and it may be that you're coming on too strong for me, but I'm not feeling you. Ya heard? Heather's grade for the week: D (all I have to say is "Holla", am I right?).

Sonja: I admire you for wanting to make a new start with your finances and your businesses sound like really great ideas - just listen to Heather and Ramona. Heather's advice about branding was right on. And Ramona will show you how to be organized and on top of everything. You have great business resources with those two. I do think you need to stop bringing up Aviva's ex-husband. The whole subject is very cringey and off-putting. Plus, there are so many other interesting things that you all can talk about. I love that you're up for a ladies' trip at a moments' notice. That what makes you a great friend - you'll drop everything for a chance to have some fun. Sonja's grade for the week: B (because I'm proud of her ambitions for her new business ventures).

Luann: You're not serious about having a baby. Unless you adopt, or something feasible like that. You're like Sue Sylvester, and I'm Roz Washington here to tell you that you're baby is going to come out walking and talking with a briefcase. Please. And for the record, I don't know if Ramona is jealous of your friendship with Sonja, but it seems to me that you should have been a lot friendlier at the jewelry launch with Ramona. I understand being careful, but you made it obvious that you don't want to be around her and the agreement was to be civil and forget the past and make a new start. I didn't see that. I saw you get out of dodge. I will say, it was funny when you were on the skateboard, that made me laugh. Luann's grade for the week: C (for not really coming through on what she said at the park).

Ramona: I don't know why you apologized to Heather, but what you said was really nice. I think you were genuine, but I don't know what your motive was behind it. Maybe you thought she'd invite you on the trip? Not that I'm judging, I might have tried the same thing if I were you, but my thing is, do not let that trip bother you. You have been on that show since day one, and you know those trips are 90% drama anyway. I thought you handled Mario and Carole's flirtation the best way you could - you called it like you saw it and laughed it off. You've been laughing off Mario's flirting since season 1, so it didn't surprise me at all. I loved your advice to Sonja about business and I hope you two are still friends. The previews for next week have me scared that we have another Jill/Bethenny situation on our hands. Say it ain't so! Ramona's grade for the week: B (for apologizing and being a good friend to Sonja).

Carole: I love you, but you gotta watch the flirting. I know you said you only do it in front of the wife (because you don't have bad intentions), but not everyone is as cool with it as Ramona. I just don't want to see you get popped by some crazy lady at a party or something. I think it's great you have such a laid-back attitude when it comes to marriage, but not everyone feels the same way. I say, do what works for you. It seems to have served you well thus far. Carole's grade for the week: C (because the flirting might get her in trouble).

Aviva: I was laughing so hard when Sonja told your husband that he looked like a lumberjack. That was too much. But, yes, I agree, he needs to be wearing a wedding band. Also, I loved the scenes with your kids. I don't think it's that big of a deal that you changed your son's name when he was 4 months old. I think it would be weird if you changed it back to what you wanted it to be after your divorce! But you didn't, so no worries. I thought it was great that you talked about your phobias so openly. It sucks when people try to hide their crazy (we all have our crazy, let's be real). It's so much better when we just put it out there and say "take it or leave it". Aviva's grade for the week: A (for putting it all out there).

What did you think of this episode? Tweet me!