Thursday, June 7, 2012

A Whole New World

I am going to make this blog quick, because I am short on time, so please don't be mad at me. I have to say, I don't even know if I'm going to continue to watch Real Housewives of New York this season, much less blog about it. It really is a whole new show - right down to the opening credits. In some ways, it's great. The beginning is really cool and modern, but I'm afraid the new cast members won't be enough to make me love the show again. I really miss the days of RHONY seasons 1 and 2. But it's a different world now and many moons have come and gone since then. So let's get started.

I have to talk about the newbies first:

Heather: You come off as a strange duck, first of all. I really don't understand why certain things come out of your mouth. I'm put off by you and your know-it-all attitude. I think you're up Luann's ass already and frankly, that turns me off. I think you do interrupt and railroad over people. And honey, if you're mad at Ramona now, when she's actually sort of sane, get ready, because you haven't seen Crazy Ramona yet. You're not for this show. I do like that you're a business woman, though. Heather's grade for the week: D (because she rubbed me the wrong way and I'm already over her attitude).

Carole: I love you. I think you're going to be the sane(r) one on the show this season. I love that you've been through so much and now you're on this whole new journey. You remind me of my sister in a way, because she also isn't very fond of hearing mother-talk all the time. Now that I think about it, neither am I. But, I totally related to you not wanting to be a part of the mommy group because you're not a mom and that's ok. I really like you and I think you have a great attitude. Carole's grade for the week: A (because she's cool).

Aviva: I really like you, too, but I can see how the drama is going to pull you in later on in the season. I'm a little bit on the fence with you, still. I love that you're so open about your prosthetic leg and you have no problem discussing it. It's great. And you seem to be a really fun person. However, I would drop the whole "this person slept with my ex" thing with Luann and Sonja. We really don't care and neither should you. I think you could be great on this show, I'm just wondering what sparks the drama between you and Ramona and Sonja later on in the season. Aviva's grade for the week: B (because there's something off about her but I just can't pinpoint it yet).

Now for the veterans:

Luann: I'm not even going to get into how ignorant you sounded when you said Aviva is so graceful and elegant, you would never know she was disabled. Or something to that effect. You know what? I am going to get into it. You, Miss Manners, should know that disabled people are perfectly capable of being elegant, graceful, beautiful, charming, sophisticated, and any other bougie words you want to throw out there. Secondly, Ramona told you she didn't want to talk to you at Sonja's house and you stood there and argued with her anyway. OMG. You really haven't learned anything. Then, you're all offended about the texts Ramona allegedly sent you about your kids. I agree the kids are off limits, but there is no reason to bring this stuff up to the new cast members except to get them on your side against Ramona. You basically poisoned the well. So, congratulations. I'm sure you graduated from the school of Jill Zarin for alienating fans and making yourself the most hated housewife this season. At least in my book. I have nothing else to say. I don't even know if I can watch this show if you keep up this idiocy. Luann's grade for the week: F (because she hasn't learned anything from the disaster that was last season and I just can't wrap my head around why she wouldn't at least try to improve her behavior this season. Maybe because she feels she doesn't have to. Which is just sad).

Ramona: Now, I like you, but I'm not letting you off the hook this season. You do drink too much. You do talk over people and you are butting heads with Heather because you're too much alike. But, I still love you. It's just that you're going to have to learn from last season, too. You should have never talked about Luann's kids. That was not acceptable. If you did do it, because really, we just have to take Luann's word for it. Please, turn it around this season and show us you can get along with everyone. I don't expect you to be everyone's best friend, but don't cross any more lines. Luann is just waiting for you to slip up so she can shout it from the rooftops. Ramona's grade for the week: D (because the texts about Luann were out of line and she's already in a couple of feuds on the show - it's just too soon for all that).

Sonja: You may be the glue that holds this show together. And I'm happy that you're back. I would have been tempted to not even watch the show if you weren't on it this season. I'm hoping you can be the voice of reason and get these ladies to coexist without it turning into a complete mess like last season. You have to keep Luann and Ramona in check and also let the new cast members get comfortable. If this season is anything like last season, it's going to be really ugly, and none of us real fans want that. It's a lot of pressure for you, but I think you can handle it. You've got that charm that we love so much. I will say I did feel Ramona was too hard on you about calling your ex your "husband", and I really do think it was out of habit. I didn't read anything more into it. And you decide who you date. Don't let Ramona push you into anything. Sonja's grade for the week: A (because I think she'll be the one to keep the peace for the most part, and right now, she's the most likable of the veterans).

What did you think of this episode? Tweet me!