Thursday, May 24, 2012

The Teresa Debate

Real Housewives of New Jersey has been super controversial this season, mainly because of one person on the show - Teresa Giudice. Now, if you read my blogs about the show, you know I've been harsh with Teresa in the past. BUT! I always try to understand why she's doing the things she does and/or figure out why she thinks she has to say and do certain things. I try to give her the benefit of the doubt and give her a blank slate with each episode. So, hopefully, those of you who are frequent readers have picked up on that.


I'm not biased against Teresa at all. I loved her on seasons 1 and 2. It was last season where I started to become bothered by her words, actions, and attitude. Coincidentally (or maybe not so coincidentally), that's when her family members joined the show. Now, I can understand why she was upset. But I completely disagree with the way she's handled the whole mess.


I am a Kathy fan, and I've been open and honest about that. No, I don't know her. No, I do not get any type of benefit/reward/compensation for saying nice things about her. I just genuinely like her. And I've asked people to give me any logical explanation not to, and no one has. She really doesn't do anything that I deem as mean or evil ever. So if I'm going to be on anyone's side, you bet it'll be hers.


I've been getting a lot of feedback lately about my New Jersey Housewives blogs - which I love! Tweet me! - and I wanted to highlight one of the better arguments in favor of Teresa that I've seen. Enjoy:


From Morgan: "Mel made a dig at the pool party over the drinks! Tre kept her distance the whole time even saying she didn't want drama because her kids were there! She was being nice, calm, & distance until yet again her drama queen Bro wanted to talk! wrong place and time again! He called her a B**** @ the end. Everyone ignored that! But she calls Mel a C**** & it's big news."


"I'm a fan but not an irrational Tre fan! I think she was stressed out, paranoid, and defensive due to all the things she was dealing with @ the time her friends & fam were not making it any easier for her so she lashed by being passive aggressive! Kathy was the only one that really cared about what she was going through! joe wants to argue, caro wants it to be all about her, Mel wants drama for fame, and poor Jac had her own problems that she needed to get under control before she try's to help anyone else! anyways great read they need therapy and the whole family should encourage it! Old school or not :-)"


I asked Morgan for permission to quote her, and she agreed, by the way, so thank you so much, Morgan!


The other tweets I got in favor of Teresa varied from 'I would have given her a C- instead of an F' to 'Are you watching the same show?' to 'I read two lines and decided it was biased' to 'I printed your blog out and picked up my dogs' shit with it'. Seriously. All those are (paraphrased) real. I'm not quoting because I don't have their permission. My thing is - this is entertainment. We're all having fun with it. Unless you're being paid by a Bravolebrity, there's no reason why you should be so angry when someone sees the show/cast members in a different light than you do. I'm all for debate and conversation - when it's respectful and when you have a logical argument to present. Like Morgan. But when you're just mean, I have no use for it. I'm gonna give it right back to you, like a lady, of course, which may or may not include some shade, but trust and believe I will stand up for myself, my blog, and my right to say whatever I want to say.


So, thank you to everyone for taking the time to read and tweet me! I love each and every one of you!