Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Out of Line

Hey, kids! It's gonna be a short one this week, but I can honestly say, my opinions on the latest episode of Real Housewives of New Jersey may surprise some of you. Specifically, those who call me biased. Guess what. I give everyone a fair shake and watch each episode objectively. So, read on, if you dare. XOXO

Teresa: I'm going to address you first, because I was pretty harsh with you last week. The truth is, I think you're a good person. You just suffer from poor communication skills. That's really what it is. But let's focus on this week's episode. Gia was apparently behaving like a typical ten year old according to most of the commentary that I'm hearing. I have no idea because I don't have kids and I recognize that I have no right to talk about anyone's parenting skills because of that fact. So I won't. What I will do is say that if I had spoken to my mother or any other adult like that, I would have gotten a major attitude adjustment from my parents either in the form of a lecture, a smack, or having something taken away. I was not allowed to disrespect any adult ever. But that was many moons ago. I do feel that Gia was being disrespectful and talking back to you and to the other adults at field day. However, you dealt with it in the manner that you saw fit at the time, and I am not going to comment one way or the other on that, because Gia is your child. Period. I loved that you participated and had fun with everyone at field day. That was great to see, and I want to see more of that. I hated the conversation between you and Joe Giudice in the car where he told you to shut up and then said he would leave you. I felt he was very disrespectful towards you. And it made me very sad for you. I think that you need to acknowledge that the way he speaks to you at times is not ok. Also, the bra shopping trip was ... frustrating. Because of the way Gia was yelling at you the entire time. Again, I know what would have happened to me if I would have popped off like that out in public at ten years old. But, as I've already said, I don't have kids, and you handled it your own way. Teresa's grade for the week: B (because she put her differences with certain people aside for field day and had fun, which I totally appreciated. The other stuff, she did what she felt she had to do).

Caroline: I'm a little disappointed with the way you handled field day. You were negative about it even before Teresa got there, and you insisted on telling Jacqueline that she must have lied about not receiving the text message from Joe Gorga. I want you to take a step BACK and not verbalize all of your frustrations with Teresa. The more you say, the worse you come across. Also, I thought you were appropriate at first when you were trying to get Gia to calm down about the whole cheating thing. And then, it kind of went haywire. The minute she started screaming for her mom, you should have backed down and left her alone. I know in the moment, you were probably thinking it was no big deal, but when it comes to other people's children - and this is a subject I know about - you just have to back off. Caroline's grade for the week: D (because her attitude was not right and she should have known when to walk away).

Jacqueline: I can see why you were a little upset with Gia's attitude with you, but the way you handled it was out of line. I could see telling her to cheer up and get back in the game, but the book was too much. I think you even said as much on Twitter this week. So, you know where you went wrong. Kudos on field day, overall, though. Everyone seemed to get along and have fun until Gia's outburst. I also don't think you should tell Caroline every detail of every conversation you have with Teresa anymore. It's not helping. Jacqueline's grade for the week: C (because she did a great job with field day but she was out of line with Gia).

Melissa: Yes, those shorts were WAY too short. Come on, honey, you knew that. I can't believe you didn't realize how short they were, considering you had to pick them out of your crack on camera. Ay ay ay. Anyway, great job having fun on field day with everyone and for not getting involved in the Gia fiasco. I can see you keeping your distance from certain situations, and even if it's all an act, you're ultimately doing the right thing. If you get involved, you'll get slammed for it. So just stay away for a while and don't insert yourself into all of that. Melissa's grade for the week: B (because she had fun at field day but those shorts were ridiculous).

Kathy: Again, nothing bad to say about you. I like that you are always positive and really make an effort with everyone. Even the sidebar conversation you had with Melissa about Gia's behavior wasn't mean spirited, it was more like you were saying that you could relate and understand how hard it is to be a parent to a ten year old girl. So, I don't think you were wrong for anything you said this week. Kathy's grade for the week: A (because she continues to be a positive presence).

Next week, Rosie talks to Kathy's kids about something very personal, and Caroline's brother Jaime makes a very special announcement.

What did you think of this episode? Tweet me!