Thursday, May 24, 2012

Lawyered Up

It's taken me this long to blog about this week's Basketball Wives because, frankly, I'm kind of sick of all of them. With the exception of Royce and Kesha, who weren't on the episode this week. I mean, it's a little frustrating for these ladies to be in such a beautiful location and focus on nothing but drama. I did appreciate the jet skiing scene, just because it was fun and devoid of any arguing. For once. I will say, I can look at the Tahitian scenery all day. Just show me where to download some wallpapers for my laptop and I'll be a happy girl. But, let's talk about the foolishness because that's what we're here to do.

Jennifer: First of all, I truly respect your resolve and determination to not fight with Evelyn anymore. I don't know what your motives are, but you're sticking to your guns and not engaging with her in any way. Which means you aren't fighting (which is good), and the bonus is, you're making Evelyn furious in the process. So, technically, you're winning at this point. I think you're right to say that there's nothing else to discuss because every conversation ends in a fight with you two, but clearly Evelyn isn't done for some reason. So you may want to cool it with the lawyer/attorney talk. It's just going to get back to Evelyn (you ARE talking to Suzie, after all) and keep the whole mess going. So, my advice is to be quiet and stop talking about your legal team. You've decided to go a certain route with this, and that's your decision, but talking to Suzie isn't helping your cause at all. I thought it was rude of you to not tell the girls you had arrived. Seriously, if you didn't want to be there, or if you didn't want to be with the group at all, then why waste your time going? There is no reason you couldn't have taken a different trip with your other friends and called it a day. Unless, you were contractually obligated to be there, in which case, the fact that you didn't say anything to the girls could have been your way of showing them that you didn't want to be there. Which is just childish. And yes, your voice is annoying and you do have a superiority complex. I have not forgotten all of that. Jennifer's grade for the week: C (because I applaud her for not getting into fights, but her ego is getting out of control).

Kenya: I don't think you're crazy. I think you're a terrible actress. You needed to pull a stunt because you got yourself into a mess with Evelyn. And you were in Tahiti, so you knew you were going to see her. So you played the "I'm crazy, don't mess with me" card (that we all remember Will Smith teaching little Ashley on Fresh Prince of Bel Air) to get Evelyn to leave you alone. Not that it's a bad plan. It's actually very smart. It was the execution that was all wrong. Let's just leave it at ... Overactors Anonymous is waiting for your call. I love how you're the new Suzie. Just chopping it up with everyone and anyone that'll have you. But hey, it beats getting a bottle thrown at your head. For the record, I don't think the fish was ever in Kenya's room. I think they're just saying it was, because like I said last week, they went to a totally different bungalow. I'm standing by that. The producers are using it for laughs, but it's just coming across as mean and unnecessary. Kenya's grade for the week: D (for the overacting).

Suzie: You know what's coming. You have a major case of diarrhea of the mouth. Whoever comes by, bleh! You just vomit out every detail from your last interaction with a human being. I think you should be studied. I'm fascinated by what compels a person to constantly spill every word of a previous conversation to each person they encounter. I'm gonna chalk it up to immaturity and no real social skills. This is your bag, baby. But that doesn't mean you can't learn how to keep things to yourself at some point. Suzie's grade for the week: F (because she's the mouthpiece and that does nothing for me).

Tami: You had some funny lines and faces this week, which you know I appreciated. Especially the looks you were giving Kenya when she first came to the table and throughout her whole "I'm crazy" scene. I could watch that forever just for your reactions to her. Also, on the boat, you actually said you would hash things out with Kesha and that made me happy. I think you realized your attack on her was not ok, and maybe that realization was short-lived, but at least you thought about it. So, I give you credit for that. I also respected the fact that you got in between Evelyn and Jen again. You don't want them to fight physically, but I'm pretty sure you're ok with them going at it verbally. I mean, you always say you like to be nosy and hear all the juicy details. I love that you're honest about that! I'm glad you're back on Twitter, by the way. All I need from you now is a sincere apology at the reunion. Tami's grade for the week: C (for starting to go back to being fun and funny, just like I like her).

Shaunie: I understood why you were miffed at Jen for not saying anything to you when she got to the island. You're not the one she's mad at. So, there's no reason for her to avoid you. Especially when you invited her. We're on the same page on that one. I have to ask, though, did Kenya hear you say "she scares me" when she was doing her best mean mug at the table? Because that was hilarious. I loved that you girls had fun jet skiing, that to me was a great scene of everyone just having a good time on vacation. I want to see more of that. Other than that, you let Jen know how you feel and there was really nothing else to say. I'm glad you didn't instigate anything, either. Evelyn came to the table on her own. Shaunie's grade for the week: B (because I could see where her frustration with Jen was coming from).

Evelyn: You never learn. But at least you apologized. Sort of. At first it wasn't an apology (to Kenya) but after a little while I could see you really were sorry for throwing a wine bottle at her. Now, when it comes to Jen, you're still not thinking clearly. The whole problem is - you took offense to what Jen said about you and Chad in public interviews and the fact that she continued to say things after you told her not to. I understand that. But once you've had two, three, four bad conversations that don't resolve anything, it is time to let it die. Jen has been clear since the meeting at the restaurant in the beginning of the season that the friendship is done. You are the one still coming at her. So, you must want the friendship to survive somehow. Well, it's not. Not the way you're going about it. You want Jen to admit to certain things and it's never going to happen. Therefore, let this go. Focus on you, your wedding, and your future. Stop trying to talk to her. It's over. And you shouldn't even care at this point! You have nothing but bad things to say about her anyway. Evelyn's grade for the week: D (because she isn't letting this bullsh*t go and it's annoying already).

What did you think of this episode? Tweet me!