Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Tears Dry On Their Own

Last night's Real Housewives of Beverly Hills was full of tears - some of sorrow, and some from laughter. We pretty much ran the gamut of emotions, which in my opinion, makes for an exceptional episode.

I want to start with the most unlikely friendship of the season. Taylor and Lisa. WTF?! 5 minutes ago, Taylor was accusing Lisa of selling stories about her marriage to the press and now they're besties? I really don't understand this. But they seem to be having fun together, so I guess it's not all bad. I do like seeing Taylor calm and not sobbing. And I think Lisa's really being a good friend to her, I mean, I don't know how I'd treat someone who had been so shitty to me. But that's why Lisa's the first lady of Beverly Hills, and I'm not.

Kyle's book cover photo shoot was awesome. I loved all of the clothes, the hair, and the makeup. Kyle is so stunningly beautiful. She's just lovely. I really want to check out her book. The scene with her and Kim was so tough to watch. I hate seeing Kim suffer. It's like she can't catch a break. But now I agree with Kyle's concern that Kim rushed into living with Ken. And Kyle's smart to not say "I told you so" - Kim is figuring it out on her own. What Kim really needs is some therapy and some self-esteem. Not some controlling jackhole.

The dual Vegas weekends were so ridiculous, each in their own way. Pandora's (aka Pandy) bachelorette party was too much - what the hell were those "Chipmunks" doing??? Lisa's lapdance was a little stiff, but she was into it, so I give her an A for effort. I did cringe a little when Taylor did her lapdance - all I can think about is how she was being abused at the time by her husband. It's just so uncomfortable. Speaking of Russell, I can't help but wonder how he felt about Taylor's rekindled friendship with Lisa? Adrienne takes Brandi, Dana, and Camille, among others bowling at the Palms. I love bowling, but I've never done it in heels. And I've definitely never done it in a cast/heel combo. Then, they go to da club, and Camille and Brandi grind each other. Ew. Seriously, no one needed to see that.

Next week, Kyle's white party looks like it's going to be a disaster. Kim and Brandi get into it, and Kyle is caught in the middle when Russell threatens to sue Camille.

Watch What Happens Live was really good. Dot Marie Jones, who plays Coach Bieste on Glee, and Vanessa Williams were a lot of fun. And Andy and Dot have an arm wrestling match. I'm not joking. It was hilarious.

What did you think of this episode? Tweet me!