Wednesday, October 24, 2012

RuPaul's All Stars Drag Race Premiere Episode

I am SO HAPPY RuPaul's Drag Race is BACK ON THE AIR!!!!! I NEEDED THIS!!!! After RHONJ and RHONY I needed my real divas back in my life, and that's exactly what I got. This season, it's All Stars, so that means the best of the best queens are back to duke it out for the title of America's Next Drag Superstar. But really, they're already Superstars. This is just a fun way to make them compete and give us DRAMA, darling!

Can you tell this show is everything to me? From the wigs to the makeup to the attitudes to the runway to the jokes to ... most importantly, the shade. You know how I love me some shade.

And can i just take a moment to say how much I love RuPaul? I love RuPaul! Thank you, Ru, for this show. It gives me so much joy.

Now, let's talk about the season premiere episode. The twist in this season is that the queens are competing in teams of two. So if one royally f*cks it up, they both go home. This is going to make the season go by super fast, and also create lots of drama. Because it forces the queens to make sure their partner is turning it out, which takes their attention away from themselves! Gasp! Is this possible?

Let's talk about the teams:

1. Chad Michaels and Shannel: Apparently, they're homies from way back. Chad was on Season 4 and Shannel was on the very first season, so it's cool to have them team up. They both drip with class and opulence, so they're going to be fun to watch. They didn't fare too well in the first episode, but only because they ran with their own ideas of the photoshoot instead of sticking to the instructions. Chad SLAYED in the lipsynch and won her and Shannel another day in the race. I am SO glad Team Shad, as they're known on the show, is still in the running. We need to see more from them!

2. Alexis Mateo and Yara Sofia: Two of my most favorite girls and my Puerto Rican sisters! I'm glad they're a team because they work well together and they're already BFFs since they were both on Season 3. They did well in the half-baked photoshoot, but not so well when it came to the opposites-attract one. I loved their concept, but maybe it was too complicated for the challenge. They looked beautiful on the runway together. I love their team name: Yarlexis! Oh, and Alexis got Mimi Imfurst together!! "Act a fool, gurl" - instant catch phrase. I need these two to stay on the show!!

3. Manila Luzon and Latrice Royale: I am so happy Manila and Latrice won the challenge. I loved when they told Ru they each needed what the other has. Manila was on Season 3 and Latrice was on Season 4. They really appreciate each other. And they worked it out this week!! What a great first episode for them - and I'm so happy they acknowledged Sahara Davenport at the end of the episode. We're all rooting for you, Manila. We love you! And Latrice, just do what you do! These two are definitely the front runners. Go Team Latrila!

4. Raven and Jujubee: These two gurls from Season 2 have got to be my pick for fiercest bitches in the game. I actually am declaring my endorsement for them to win this whole thing. Mark my words. They nailed the half-baked photoshoot and the opposites-attract photoshoot. Raven and Jujubee are good partners - some similarities along with some contrasts - that no matter what they come up with, it's going to be beautiful and interesting. Now, they got the drama started this week, and I know this is only the beginning. They are going to READ, hunty! Read ya ta filth! YAAASSSS!!! I'm officially Team Rujubee!!

5. Nina Flowers and Tammie Brown: I love these two queens SO much. Both from Season 1, Nina is still a fierce competitor. I love how she rocks her signature style with so much sass! Tammie is a wonder and a treasure - I just hope she can adapt to the challenges as needed. I want Team Brown Flowers to make it to the top 4 teams. I think they can really shine if they stay focused and kill the challenges.

6. Mimi Imfurst and Pandora Boxx: This was not the pairing anyone had in mind. Now, we saw the controversy around Mimi being on the show in the first place. I'm not a mathematician, but if Mimi found a way to cheat the system and get on the show by cheating, they should bring Pandora back with a new partner. I could see her tearing up the stage with any number of queens! But, sadly, I don't think that's going to happen. I love Pandora and I loved her line at the end, though, "I was an All Star before, and I'll be an All Star after." That's right, Pandora. You are an All Star. But I have to ask: WHY THE HELL DIDN'T YOU LIPSYNCH?? And why didn't you push the button to take over the lipsynch??? You could have potentially saved your team! Mimi was trying to give her all to the competition, and I respect that. However, the combination of no team chemistry and too much bad blood really clouded any chances she had of redeeming herself. Team Mandora, you were the first to sashay away off of RuPaul's All Star Drag Race.

I have to take a moment and talk about Ms. Michelle Visage. YOU ARE EVERYTHING. That is all.

What did you think of this episode? Which team are you on? Tweet me!