Tuesday, October 2, 2012

RHONY Season Finale - It Is What It Is

Well, kids, here we are, at the end of another season of the Real Housewives of New York. It's kind of funny to think, this particular franchise started out with Jill Zarin, Bethenny Frankel, and Alex McCord. Seems like a lifetime ago, doesn't it? Sigh ... but let's get back to the current crop of New York ladies, shall we? The best thing about this finale is the fact that there were three parties/events back to back. This is how I like my reality TV. One fabulous event after another, no matter who's screaming at each other, just make sure the entertainment is good and the drinks are cold. The finale really didn't resolve anything at all. It's more like a "To Be Continued" and the Reunion is going to be a cliff-hanger where we have to wait till next season to see who's friends and who's not (or who's on the show and who's not).

Enough speculating, let's get to the grades.

Ramona: It truly cracks me up how ADHD you are. Or maybe it's bipolar. Menopausal? Something! Because one minute you're in tears about how George pulled your arm and the next you're apologizing profusely to Heather then you're complaining about Sonja's pictures (which have nothing to do with you) then you have to whine about how dirty the wine glasses but before that you have to talk through the fashion show and berate the poor photographer about a photo shoot you weren't even involved in ... you're behavior is literally a run on sentence. I suggest you take your own advice and CALM DOWN! You're pretty much spinning out of control. I don't even think it's the booze. I think it's you. Slow down and pick your battles. You've said what you needed to say about George and Aviva. Fine. But the Heather/Sonja thing is none of your business. And then you yell at Carole? Saint Carole? Of all people? I am just kidding now, but seriously. You have to get your priorities in check. Ramona's grade for the week: D (because she really turned me off this season, get it together!)

Sonja: I was glad to see you tell Heather that you appreciated her time and efforts with your toaster oven campaign. Maybe you saw the rage on her face and decided it was time to back off and quit complaining? It does seem that there was a lot of miscommunication - logo vs photo shoot, hot guy vs no hot guy, favor from a friend vs being a client - but the bottom line is, Heather did work for you and didn't ask to be paid. You got some great material for your product. It was wise of you to thank her and tell her you appreciated it. Because if I had walked up on your conversation with Ramona and heard what you two were clucking about, I would have lost my shit, too. And from now on, PAY for whatever work you want done, mmmkay? Sonja's grade for the week: C (because she apologized but she should have never gotten Ramona involved in the toaster oven saga).

Luann: You've been sort of in the background after the St. Bart's episodes, and especially in this episode, so I really can't grade you. You've been a good in-between person for all the ladies and I give you credit for that. I'm just wondering if Bravo is diminishing your role on the show on purpose? Just saying ...

Carole: I loved your ping pong tournament and your book shower. In fact, I love the book shower so much, I'm stealing the idea and planning my own (except mine will be sometime in the distant future when someone decides to give me a book deal, you're totally invited, by the way!). As for you being the unofficial referee, you're the best at it. You are calm, rational, and very clear about what needs to happen. I, for one, love your interview/confessional segments because you're telling the truth! Every single time! For example, Ramona and Sonja do draw attention to themselves - fact! I really hope you come back next season, oh, and you're still the coolest housewife, just so you know. Carole's grade for the week: A (because she's real and honest and I have a feeling she'll get some flack for telling it like it is).

Heather: I almost stood up and cheered when you finally gave it to Sonja about the goddamn photo shoot. Holla! Yes, you won me over. It's official. And your fundraiser for the Kellner Pediatric Liver Foundation was awesome. I loved the venue and the fashion show. You really know how to put an event together and your passion for your business and the charity really shone through. I'm glad you accepted Ramona and Sonja's apologies and decided to "keep it movin'" because, really, enough is enough. I would have had a few words with Aviva for not wearing the damn blazer, but that's just me. And your husband is awesome! Heather's grade for the week: A (because she spoke up when she needed to and didn't sweat the small stuff).

Aviva: Well, you didn't wear the jacket and although you looked great, there was a purpose for you wearing it. Namely, to get me (and everyone else watching) to buy it! But hey, Heather is willing to overlook it, so who am I to talk? I didn't enjoy all the Ramona talk but I think you were still riled up from your little sit down we saw last week. The point is, you were right when you said some people just aren't meant to be friends. And it was so interesting how just a few short weeks ago, you were defending Ramona up and down. Funny how things change. But, it is what it is, and you both need to stay away from each other - until the Reunion, of course. If you do come back next season, we want to see more laughs and smiles from you! Aviva's grade for the week: D (because she beat the dead horse till the very end, but I still like her).

What did you think of the season finale? Tweet me!