Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Live and Let Learn

Part 2 of the Real Housewives of Orange County reunion aired on Monday night and I think it was a fitting conclusion to the season. There's still a Lost Footage episode, which I believe airs July 24th. Let's get right into it because there were several bombshells dropped, accusations thrown, and eyes rolled. Oh, and creepy Brooks was there, too. But, thank heavens for Briana! (Congratulations on the wedding and the baby, Briana!!!) Can she be on every reunion? She was able to make sense of the whole Tamra vs. Vicki and everyone vs. Brooks thing. And she spilled the tea on Vicki and Brooks' emotional affair while Vicki and Donn were still married. Awkward!

Vicki: Let's just start with you to get it over with. You want to live your life and make your own mistakes - got it. But what you're not going to do is shit all over everyone else, then decide that it's ok to live and let live. Because that's exactly what you're doing. I'm all for learning things the hard way (believe me), but you can't judge others while you're doing that. Briana was absolutely right - just own it and don't project your stuff onto other people or deflect it by pointing out what other people do. At one point, you were throwing everything back at Gretchen, asking her if she was perfect, if she's never been hypocritical, if you admitting things makes her feel better, etc. It's not about Gretchen, it's about YOU. And speaking of taking responsibility, I hadn't even noticed that Brooks was using certain catchphrases and keywords from seasons passed. It all makes sense now! He's even more creepy than I thought! When he was sitting there, defending himself, I just couldn't take any of it seriously. I hope it doesn't take him cleaning you out for you to realize he's a scumbag. And the fact that you won't even listen to your own daughter's concerns really scares me. But, here's to learning the hard way. Just make sure when you do learn the lesson, you're humble enough to own it. I'm not even going to get into the alleged one night stand that Tamra revealed, because who knows how true that is. However, the emotional affair you had with Brooks while you were married is not ok just because Donn was cheating. It's sad that he did that to you, but why stay married during that? I would think you would be done with Donn as soon as you found out, not 20 years later? Something about that is very, very wrong. Vicki's grade for the week: D (for being stubborn, good luck with that).

Gretchen: Thank you for finally telling the real story behind the Fox 5 madness. I totally believe that you are being honest about it. I hope that Alexis can see that no matter what, you have tried your best to protect her feelings and not hurt her. Your back and forth with Vicki was long overdue, and I wish she could have just apologized for hurting your feelings the last couple of years, but hey, what's done is done. Overall, you did a great job on the reunion. You stood your ground and I think it paid off. Gretchen's grade for the week: A (for having proof to back up her story with Alexis).

Alexis: I hope you meant it when you said that you're working on becoming a better person, and I hope that you take all of the criticisms (constructive or not) and use them as a jumping off point for that very purpose. The discussion with Gretchen about Fox 5 was necessary, and I'm glad you saw the emails from that time frame - so you could see that Gretchen was not lying at all. She wasn't trying to sabotage or hurt you. You're right, she could have told you in a different way, but then again, maybe you two were just growing apart. But I really don't think she was being malicious towards you. Hopefully you two can be friends again in the future. But for now, just work on you. I don't think you're a bad person at all, I just think you can get to know yourself better and drop some of the facade that you have going on right now. Only good can come from being true to yourself. Alexis' grade for the week: C (for being defensive, but I think she can learn a lot from this whole experience).

Tamra: I don't like that you blurted out some dirty laundry about Vicki (although it was entertaining), because it really was uncalled for. I knew you were trying to make a point, but damn, you went for the jugular. And it really wasn't necessary, because let's face it, Vicki was already down - you didn't have to kick her. You know? As for the Brooks stuff, we already knew where you stood, so no surprise there. I know you play to win, but I think in the future, you might want to back off a little because you're coming across very Mean Girl, and I thought you were trying to get away from that. Unless you're cool with being the Mean Girl. In that case, go ahead, but already you know the hate/haters you'll get as a result. Tamra's grade for the week: D (for making good points, but being too hard with Vicki).

Heather: Good job, again, on being a voice of reason and articulating yourself in such a clear manner. There's no twisting of words or being defensive with you. You just tell it like it is. I thought you did a wonderful job on the reunion overall. And I like that you're still "Fancypants"! Heather's grade for the week: A (for keeping it real).

What did you think of this episode? Tweet me!