Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Underwhelmed!

Hello, all! I have to apologize for not blogging lately. I think it's the Summertime Blues creeping up on me again.

Well, let me just say that the Basketball Wives Reunion left me cold ... and irritated. Not only was it a total waste of time (except Tami's moments of pure comedy), but it was utterly pointless. I think my biggest problem with it is that it did not need to be 2 hours and it did not need to be split up into 2 episodes. They filled most of it with clips from the show that we've already seen. They also wasted a lot of time talking about things that just weren't that interesting (where Meeka gets her earrings). Really, VH1??? You couldn't actually have the ladies talk about their core issues with each other? I feel bad for John Salley, he tried to ask relevant questions, but some of the ladies thought it would be cool to ice each other out or just ignore the questions completely. Take a lesson from the Real Housewives, ladies! Reunions are MUCH better when you answer the questions that the fans actually want to know the answers to! Royce hardly got any screen time and when she did, she had to speak to Jenn. Ugh. Then we had to re-live all of Meeka's lies. Oy vey. Maybe I'm just over the show. Like I said, Tami was entertaining and gave us some great moments, mostly at Meeka's expense. But I'm ok with that. I guess I just wasn't blown away by this reunion. It was very tame and all the ladies seemed to be holding themselves back, with the exception of Tami. Please, VH1, give Tami her own show! She knows how this entertainment thing works! Anyway, the preview for Basketball Wives LA was way more entertaining than most of the reunion. These ladies are going to bring it.

Needless to say, I was underwhelmed by the reunion and can only hope that season 4 will be as exciting and juicy as season 3. Without Meeka, of course. I'd like to see a lot more of Tami, and I'd like to see Royce bring some of her friends into the show. It could be like two "circles", maybe with some interaction between the two. But I have a feeling Shaunie won't allow that. Speaking of Shaunie, I feel her role on the show should just be producer. She doesn't need to be on tv. She contributes nothing. Unless like she said at the reunion that they're going to bring more positivity to the show. As in showing their charitable works and professional lives. It should be more than just parties and fights. I agree with her on that. Here's what: Shaunie should just be a producer and recruit a couple of really interesting girls to round out the cast. They need to be fun and entertaining. There should be a couple that are loyal to Royce and a couple that are on team Evelyn/Jenn so there's some balance. Oh and you can get rid of Suzie too. Well, she could be on once in a while. Anyway, that's my take on it.

Until next time, honeys! And tweet me @humorandspice and let me know how YOU feel about the BBW reunion!!