Thursday, June 2, 2011

Humor & Spice - What's It All About???

Good question!
For many of us, our opinions, thoughts, and feelings go mostly unnoticed. Isn't that why people blog, tweet, and facebook? To get their voices heard? Well, guess what. I'm jumping on the bandwagon.

But this blog won't be all about me, by any means. It will be an open ended, free flowing discussion with you about everything we experience every day. We all read celebrity gossip on the internet, even if we aren't really interested. We all watch tv. We all listen to music. What if we stop and analyze (or in some cases, overanalyze) what we're consuming? We'll find that our reactions reveal who we are and how we feel about ourselves.

For example, on the last season of The Real Housewives of New York, you were either Team Bethenny or Team Jill. Both sides had compelling arguments about why the friendship ended the way it did, whose fault it was, and if it could ever be repaired. However, no matter which team you were on, the fact that you had an opinion said more about you than it did about Jill and Bethenny. It said that friendships are important to you. And your reaction to that friendship falling apart probably reflected how you felt or will feel about a lost friendship in your own life.

That's just a small example of what the conversation here will be like. And it will be a conversation. Agree or disagree, it's all good. I'm going to speak my mind about my favorite and not so favorite things. I want to hear from you. Hopefully, you'll tweet me @humorandspice. I tweet about the shows as I watch them most of the time.

Welcome to Humor & Spice!!!