Thursday, June 23, 2011

Dragnificent!

Hola, once again, my friends!

I just gotta say it. I love me some drag queens! They're fierce, funny, and fabulous! I'm SO glad RuPaul's Drag U is back for another season. Now, as many of you know, Season 3 of RuPaul's Drag Race just ended, and Raja is our reigning Drag Superstar. Her win was controversial, but on this show, at least to me, all the queens are winners. My personal favorites on Season 3 were Mariah, Alexis, and Yara!

Back to Drag U! The first episode of this season was so fantastic. For those of you who haven't seen it yet, I won't ruin it for you, I promise. This season of Drag U has the most amazing faculty (or as Ru says, "falcutty"), from Season 1 we've got Ongina, Shannel, and Bebe, from Season 2 we have Morgan, Pandora, Raven, Jujubee, and Tyra, and from Season 3 there's Mariah, Carmen, and Manila.

On this first episode, the professors were Raven, Manila, and Shannel. I still say Shannel is one of the fiercest ever! Oh and I have to talk about Raven's lips. OMG. Plumped perfection! And it's no surprise that Manila still has her classic one-liners! Make sure you check out her Cookie Monster realness on this episode, it's too good.

My favorite part of Drag U is always the part where the drag queens get to know the ladies they'll be dragulating. For example, Raven's student, Denise explains that she only looks in the mirror to pluck her eyebrows. To which Raven says, "You pluck a chicken, you tweeze your eyebrows." Love it!

In fact, Raven had a couple good lines. Here's another gem: "The dragulator do ... not ... lie ... HUNTEE!" LOL!!

RuPaul dropped some major wisdom on the ladies, too. Check these out: "Who or what is your saboteur?", "Create a new identity", "Don't live in the past", "What other people of me is none of my business", "You can't love anyone else until you love yourself first", and of course, "Let these children HAVE IT!"

I can't wait for the next episode! I hope there will be an episode with my favorite queens all being professors together: Pandora, Jujubee, and Mariah. Pandora (full name Pandora Boxx) is one of the funniest queens to ever wear heels. She truly is Miss Congeniality, due to her friendly demeanor and charming personality. Jujubee is just fierce. Period. She's got face for days and I could watch her lipsynch all day every day. She's THAT good. And Miss Mariah Balenciaga is STONE. COLD. CARTER. Look it up.

Who's your favorite queen? Is RuPaul your role model? (PS - She should be!) Comment or tweet me @humorandspice!