Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Fabellini Fallout

This week's Real Housewives of New Jersey was a nice change of pace in the sense that there was no direct fighting, just lots of talking behind each other's backs. Which is more fun, anyway! I loved the scenes of the kids' first day of school. That was really cute, and I loved seeing the Giudices and Gorgas in parent mode. I have to say those were very lovely scenes, probably because they were focused on the kids and not the parents. I also thought the mani/pedi outing with the girls and Melissa was super cute. These light-hearted scenes really help me get through the episode without getting a migraine. Also, the college tour with the Wakiles was nice. I can't believe they didn't recognize the White House, though. Really? Let's get into the real meat and potatoes of the episode, shall we?

Caroline: I really can't understand why you say Teresa is to blame for all the pain in your life at this point and the fact that you and Dina don't talk. It takes two to tango, and if Dina doesn't talk to you, it's because she doesn't want to. I don't buy this whole Teresa-is-driving-a-wedge-between-myself-and-family-members stuff. Teresa can say whatever she wants, if your family members believe it, it's just as much their doing as it is hers. They have a choice in the matter. So, I can't be on your side with this. I say, deal with Dina and get things figured out, and leave Teresa completely out of it. By including her in your falling out with Dina, you keep the bad blood flowing between everyone. It's time to stop. I was really happy for you when you went to do your Sirius radio show. However, it didn't seem like you had specific topics prepared so you went straight for the camping trip, knowing people would call in asking how it went and who you had problems with. I'm assuming you couldn't give details because you were still filming, so why even bring up the camping trip? You had your husband and your kids there, why not talk about running a family business or sibling rivalry (your kids)? Regarding your talk with Melissa, I think you should listen to her. You went after Teresa pretty hard the last night of the California trip, now it's time to let the chips fall where they may and not say another word about it. Caroline's grade for the week: D (because the radio show (what we saw) fell flat and I don't think she's being completely honest with herself about her real problems with Dina).

Jacqueline: I totally understand where you're coming from regarding the Fabellini launch party. You and Teresa had made up, you didn't get involved in the Caroline fight, and you stayed out of Teresa's way when she left. You didn't do anything or say anything to make her not invite you. So, it is confusing that she would purposely not invite you. Not to mention hurtful. You also said she didn't talk to you after the California trip. Could it be because you didn't defend her against Caroline, you were automatically on the outs again? If so, you're better off not being friends with her at all. It seems as if Teresa only wants friends who A) tell her what she wants to hear, B) defend her no matter what, whether she's right or wrong, or C) agree with everything she says and does. Let Teresa be Teresa and you just be you. Your conversation with Melissa pretty much said it all. Jacqueline's grade for the week: B (because at this point she was dealing with her son's autism and that's why she was over all of the drama).

Kathy: I loved the scenes with you and your family discussing Victoria's college plans. It was very cool to see all of you supporting her together. No matter where she goes to school, I have a feeling you won't have to worry too much about her. She's got her head on straight. I was glad to see your conversation with Teresa went well, you vented to her, she vented with you, and no one got hurt. I think you two are improving your communication skills. It just seems like the conversation has to be just the two of you without anyone else around for it to be effective. Don't know how long it'll last, but hey, progress is progress. Kathy's grade for the week: B (for having a decent conversation with Teresa).

Melissa: I'm not sure why you found it necessary to go on a grand tour and talk to all of the ladies about the fight between Caroline and Teresa, but you made some great points along the way. I commend you for defending Teresa (somewhat) with Caroline, but again, I'm not sure why you had to go to everyone's house just to talk about that. Were you trying to make sure everyone knew you were on Teresa's side? I mean, you left with her, so it was pretty obvious. I'm confused ... Melissa's grade for the week: C (because I can't figure out why she's doing all this campaigning).

Teresa: Ok, here we go. Why not invite Jacqueline to your Fabellini party? You had just made up on the California trip and it would have been a great sign of good faith that you were in this friendship for real. If you had doubts about the friendship, you should have said so. Period. As for Dina, I'm glad you are still friends with her. She's an adult and can do whatever she wants. However, it is a little sad that all you talked about (that we saw) was Caroline. Stop talking about it. I told her the same thing. If everyone would just let it go, you'd all be a lot happier. I don't think you mean to hurt anyone's feelings, but you do just blurt stuff out without even thinking how the other person is going to feel when they hear it (they always do). I say, own it. Own the fact that what you said in the cookbook was not cool. I've said this in a million other blogs, so I won't repeat myself. But you know what I mean. Listen to Dina and stop all the fighting. Maybe she's the only one who can get through to you. Teresa's grade for the week: C (because she keeps this stuff going and then acts like she has no idea why things are shitty).

What did you think of this episode? Tweet me!